Fleetwood Mallard Tech help

Deliveryman

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Mallard 32 foot. The 12 volt lights have 35 volts on them. I can't locate the
transformer. I have pulled the electrical panel out and it's not there. I have 78 volts coming to the DC side and 120 volts comming to the AC side. I have two red wires going to the fuse panel one of them has 78 volts on it, the other has no voltage but both are connected to ther same lug. Is that right? I guess the biggest issue I have is where to locate the transformer so I can either replace it orrapair it. Please....anyone that can help please advise.

snap

RE: Fleetwood Mallard Tech help

I dont claim to be a rv mech but being a auto tech for many years if you have 35 volts on 12 volt lights they should be burnt out by now :( Also if your getting 78 volts from your converter watch out for smoke and fire because the batts cant handle that. I want to ask you are sure your setting your meter on the correct scale :question: Like i said dont claim to be a rv goo roo :laugh: let us know what you learn.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Fleetwood Mallard Tech help

Sammy, take your RV somewhere and get some professional help. Your questions indicate that you don't have a grasp on using your meter to obtain the necessary readings.

You didn't actually say what your problem is. Are your lights not working? Are they burning out? Heater working? Refer working?

There is no single "transformer" that makes the 12 volts DC for your RV. There is a "converter" that does this. It also creates the charging system for your house batteries.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Fleetwood Mallard Tech help

I agree with Tex, take your camper to a dealer and let them explain how things work. Yea, they will charge for their time, but it will be worth it. Like he says, there is no transformer to produce the voltage you claim to see. IF it were that high your 12 volt lights and everything else 12 volt would be burned out.

Let us know what you find.