floor caulking

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by rayjimmy, May 28, 2008.

1. rayjimmy

rayjimmy New Member

Hi all,

Just received an 2000 Allegro and the Mrs wants new carpet. Removed the bed frame and there is a gap between the rear wall and the floor under the bed.

I'm thinking this should be caulked; should I use some tape underneath and then caulk from inside. What type caulk?

Thanks for your help.

This is my first rv, so I may need more guidance.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

RE: floor caulking

well welcome to the forums ,, and welcome to the world of rving oddity's ,, yes u will find this kinda stuff and even more as u go along ,, first can u see light thru the crack??? that will help us make a decision on the type of caulk to use ,, if it DOES NOT ,, i would IMO ,, just use plane old Dap caulking ,, u can get at any home improv. store ,, then jut smooth it dow with a putty knife ,,, and then i would lay a good sealing tape over it ,,, but we need to know about above ,, it's kinda a whole diff ball game there...
    ;) :) :)
  3. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Re: floor caulking

I would be looking for structural changes (like a past wreck damage) for the cause of the 'gap'. It may not be a manufacturer defect. You may get it caulked up just to have it open again later.
  4. rayjimmy

rayjimmy New Member

RE: floor caulking

Yes, daylight is visible.
    Very narrow crack; does not appear to be due to collision since it is an even crack in the center of the rear wall.