fogged dual "PAIN" pane

C Nash

Well, I have always done most of my own work on rvs so have never really had problems but I now see what some problems can run into. The co-pilot dual PAIN window has fogged so while we were in Flordia I stopped by Monaco and asked about replacing. He told me I would have to replace the whole window, It's a big one and gave me Monacos number in Oregon. Called them when we got home and after numerous phone button punching was told all reps were busy and the hold would be around 20 min. I held and told the lady what I had and needed and she told me I could not buy a whole window, she probably knew I didn't have the money, that only the pane could be bought and gave me the Indiana plant number. Called and punched buttons and on hold again. Finally a guy answered and I went through it again and he said I would have to get the whole window. transefered me to a tech rep and he said it took special tools to replace the pane but gave me a number for Atwood products. So another call and button punching and hold and finally got their rep. He said no special tool needed and the pane could be bought seperate. Told him I wanted it and you guessed it. Told me I would have to get a part number from Monaco before he could get me one. He could not cross them over. Back to the phone, button punch hold and then answering service that told me to leave my number and they would call back. Wait, wait, one day 2 day 3day no call. call back leave my number again and bingo got a call back and part number. Called Atwood back gave them the part number and yep has to be ordered. Whole window was going to be over 1200 bucks with me installing and pane was 90 bucks plus shipping. Said it would be here in about 4 weeks. Just had to vent and here I was thinking my knee was a pain in the yep. :dead:

DL Rupper

RE: fogged dual "PAIN" pane

I thought that kinda crap only happened to me. Hope you feel better now. Too bad we have got to the point that we have talk to computers and be put on hold for hours on end. :dead: Did you get the pane installed? Or is it still a pain in your #$%@ or was it knee?

C Nash

Re: fogged dual "PAIN" pane

Well DL right now the pain is in the knee that the doc cut on. Must have really made him mad at me. Don't know why all I asked him was if he was sure what he was doing. Think he must have used a bench grinder and roro rooter. I'm a whimp when it comes to pain. Can't say i've never been high on drugs now :bleh: The pane is on order so holding my breath until I see it. Will install myself since Monaco says they can't :( Well, would have done it myself anyway. Atwood told me all I had to do was remove the whole window, lay on flat table, seperate the frame and lay the pane in. It comes already with whatever is between the panes.

s.harrington

You know... I have a local glass company that does all my glass work. Did you try one in your area? The glass has to be tempered so it takes two days but its cheaper than a new window.

C Nash

S. Harringhton, I called all the glass companies in my area, Birmingham Alabama, and you mention MH and they would not even talk about it. I had heard that they could cut the glass and send it to be tempered but none would. I told them I could remove the window and just bring the window but, no luck. Atwood who built the window has just the pane ordered for me and said it would be here in about 4 weeks. 90 dollars seems reasonable to me and a lot better than the 1200 for the complete window. Thanks

C Nash

Update= Received the glass today so will be doing the install as soon as the old knee will allow. talk about packing, sandwiched in between 6 inches of foam in a box. Don't think even UPS could crack it :laugh:

s.harrington

You would be supprised at what UPS (pronounced oops) can break. Glad it came in one peace. Don't drop it while putting it in. :laugh:

Kirk

Do let us know how the job goes when you get too it, please! I don't have that problem as yet, but one never knows?

C Nash

Haven't got to it yet Kirk. Just got over the knee operation and now the back has gone out :angry: . Mother tried to warn me about getting old :eek: :laugh:

C Nash

Finally got around to replacing the window pane today. Very simple job to just replace the pane instead of the whole window. Guess it would be simpler to replace the whole window but I can used the extra 1200 bucks for camp fees. Removed the window and removed the screws holding the window together. Slid out the fogged pane and removed the gasket. Installed the gasket around the new pane, perfect fit, and slid it back in. Screw the window back together, installed new sealer and puddy and replaced. Worse job of all was getting all the old sealer off. Whole window was heavy to remove by my self with a bad knee and back. Does this trouble qualify me to start flaming Monaco for putting out lemons:evil:. Guess the special tool that Monaco plant told me they would have to have to replace the pane only was a hex head screwdriver :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: