Ford 460 engine

pjtaxi

Still on the hunt for class a , found 37' pace arrow with 460 engine 1997 with 25000 miles. Owner says has plenty of power to tow. It's about 200 miles away and haven't been able to see in person. Can you guys tell me any thing out of the ordernary to check? Thanks Patrick

C Nash

Re: Ford 460 engine

Plenty of power to tow what? Think the tow rating will be in the 5k range. Might also want to ck for cracked exhaust manifold. Other than that just all you would ck on any13 year old MH. Good luck

G

not knocking what nash has said ,, but i now own a 91 Rexhall Airex ,, with the the 460 ,, but might ck and see ,, mine is the industrial 460 ,, and as of yet ,, had no probs with the exhaust manifolds ,, but knowing my luck ,, about the time i am just leaving for the beach ,, guess what ???? but i got to change out the water pump before we leave ,, and if any of u all out there want to come do it for me ,, i am game for it :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Well Rod I wished I could, but I will be at the beach in PL waiting on you... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: NOT!!!! I will be somewhere cool and it want be the beach, maybe the mountains or out west. But who knows I might be in DISNEY WORLD IN WILD KINGDOM.

topdownman

I have a 1995 Holiday Rambler with the 460. Properly loaded and towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee mine does just fine, plenty of power and runs great at 80,000 miles. Watch out for exhaust manifold problems as some had issues with cracking.