Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Wolfpond

Re: Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Does anyone know of a class action suit against ford for the 6.0? If not how do you get one started??? My beautiful 2005 with 95000 miles was brought home one a rollback the other night! Blowing white smoke and temp gauge pegged. I stopped immediately when this happened. We have 2 7.3 power strokes with well over 200k miles and we love them. I also have the old 7.3 with 300k and still drive it! Ford has really made a mess with this 6.0 and it is costing folks a ton of money!! Why shouldn't they have to pay for THEIR mistakes?? Anyone that knows how to get this going speak up!!! Thanks!

Pat L.

Yes Ford did put out a POS with the 6.0 motor. At 37775 I had to replace the motor. Cost me 106.00 at the dealership but another 1800.00 due to camper in a park that we were not going to use as we were on our way to sons house for Thanksgiving, 5 states away. So we had hotel room cost, extra for meals plus the parking of the coach and electric. Then at 57500 the oil cooler let go and took out the EGR oil cooler and that cost me 3000.00 plus extra time off of work as I was out of town w/ the 5er on the way back form our sons for Christmas. I guess I need to not go to that sons home on a Holiday w/ the coach.
I have talked to Ford until I was blue in the face but still nothing. They agree that there was a problem but said that I was out of warranty so they could not do anything. After 28 Ford trucks I might not buy another Ford or my kids and some friends. That is the only way to communicate with them. They have gotten on top of the pile but they will not stay there long with customer service like this.

zeepster2

RE: Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

i have a 06 f350 and i think i am the only one to have to 6.0 with no probs.. it has 175.000 and did buy it new and never been in the shop. i did hear lots of bad raps on the 6.0 but i guess i am lucky.. and to top it off i work for cummins and drive a ford diesel. i had a 2000 dodge cummins and had lots of fuel pump probs and the truck its self would not stay togather.. all i can say it dont matter what diesel u have they are very $$$$ to keep up

Mullins

i've got a 03 f350 and i have nothing but problems out of it all the time at first it was just miner things but i've only had it for almost 2 years and all i've done is worked on it sents jan i've put in 6 injectors and it still does'nt run right i wish ford would do something about these 6.0 cuz i think they r a POS myself

farmer

join the crowd i just replaced the turbo,head gasket injeters, igr valve, at 91000 miles i dont think i would by any ford 6.0 trucks ever.

wedge

Have you heard back from anyone about a class action suit??? I have an '04 6.0 F250 King Ranch and have had nothing but problems also. Bought it used in '06 with 48K and have gone through 4 turbos, 8 injectors, 3EGR valves and then a couple of weeks after she ran out of warrantee I blew the head gaskets. All total about 10K in repairs in just the last two years. My dealer says I should try out the new 6.7. I told him if Ford is unwilling to help me out with some kind of financial restitution (because of this poorly designed, poorly manufactured motor Ford hastily put out) then he would be hard pressed to sell me anything with the Powerstroke name and possibly the Ford name on it again.

We have all spent the extra money up front to buy this motor, expecting power, reliability, longevity and better economy. In return we got none of the above, only a lemon.....I think Ford should pony up and put their money where their mouth is. If they are so proud of their new "Built Ford Tough" 6.7, the least they could do is give 6.0 owners a rebate to cover the cost of an upgrade on the new engine.

GerryB

Somehow all the 6.0 owners need to rally together and show our displeasure then maybe that way the media will get wind of the issue. If we just keep bitching to each other nothing will get resolved. We need the media. I have contacted a station in my area but I am sure they won't care. We all have major problems but Ford does nothing. Ford needs to be held responsible and how can we push them...the media....Some how a hugh rally needs to be organized that way we may get coverage.....who can get this done????we all need help :(