Ford Expidition

automatim

I have a 2004 ford expedition with a factory installed towing package and the 3.73 rear-end. Rated to tow about 9000lbs. I am looking at getting a 30' 8" Four Winds 28B-GS Lite. The sticker indicates ULV 6037lbs GVWR 7700. I am pretty sure the Expy can pull her I am concerned about the length. Anyone tow anything similar.
I know there is a debate about the length vs wheel-base. Any real world examples. I do have an equalizer hitch. There are a few 28'9" trailers I can get but they are the same price as the Four Winds. I have considered getting a rear slide but they seem a little tight inside, with small bathrooms and they are still as expensive as the big bunkhouses.

G

RE: Ford Expidition

Tim ,, first off welcome to the forums :approve:
Now IMO it sounds like u can PULL a tt that size ok ,,, but with a tv that small it might be a prob stopping it ,, but there will be other's that will give u more insight into this ,, than i can ,, but i put my 2 cents in ,, and it helps add up my post count
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Ford Expidition

Welcome to the forum.

I would say with the equalizer hitch, you should be OK. I agree with length vs. wheel base, but there are a LOT of tow vehicles like yours towing a 30' trailer. Properly set up, you should be fine. I do stress PROPERLY set up.