Ford or Chevy chasis

Discussion in 'Class C Motorhomes' started by rvrookieottawa, Mar 6, 2013.

1. My wife and I have looked at the coachmen freelander models in the 21-24 ft. range.........I am over 6'3" and like the added rom Chevy gives you in the cab................is The Ford or Chevy better?..........or is it just personal preference in these smaller class C's.....Thanks

2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Just a personal preference IMO. I would not let it be a deal breaker. JMO

3. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

NASH is right, personal point, me I am a chevy man, and I bought a work horse being it has a chevy power train. But at your height get something that you can be happy in, ford or chevy should not be a deal breaker.

4. Thanks..........and as for losing your mind..........I will let you know if I find it..........as I lost mine a while back too........thanks again

5. Thanks for your advice..................I think the Chevy has more cab space.....thats why I asked.................the Ford seemed cramped to me at 6'3".........thanks again

6. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

rvrookie if you find mine I don't want it back. Never serve me well when I had it LOL. The chevy chassis will be fine. I have the Ford chassis and have always been a chevy man but have been very pleased.