Ford Sport Track 2008 4.6LTR V8

Alaskamike

Is there anyone out there who has the same rig and vehicle. Its my first Travel Trailer towing in America.

My tow vehicle is a 2008 V8 4.6 litre Ford Sport Track and and I tow a Keystone 21rs Outback Travel Trailer (Dry weight 4550lbs). Living here in Alaska the mountain passes are many, my vehicle seems to tow my travel trailer with no problems at all.

The gas mileage, without the Trailer, (highway mileage at highway speed ) is some 20mpg. However when towing my trailer at speeds of 55-60 mph I am down to 10mpg. I would appreciate any thoughts from other persons with simular vehicles and Trailers.

By the way I am a Brit, now married to an American citizan ,and ,living in Alaska as a permanent resident .

Best Regards all,
Alaskamike :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Ford Sport Track 2008 4.6LTR V8

Sorry no one has answered you, a Sport Trac is not a very popular tow vehicle for Travel Trailers. Look in your owners manual and match your vehicle to the options, and Ford will tell you what your vehicle can tow. When I first read this, my thoughts told me you were overloading it.

Alaskamike

Re: Ford Sport Track 2008 4.6LTR V8

Hi there Kenneth

I thank you for replying to my comments.

I took your advice and checked the the owners manual that came with the vehicle and
the ford dealer and Simmons RV Sales have confirmed that the towable capacity for my truck is some 7000 lbs. Bearing in mind that the dry weight of my Outback is some 4500 lbs it is within the limits of the truck. So I am happy with those points.

As I mentioned, my truck has no problems when towing my TT, even in the hilly parts through the passes here in Alaska. The unit was only used about 600 miles last year, and will be used about the same milege this year. My truck itself has only done 10000 since purchased new last October 2007. It is regulary serviced every three thousand miles by my Ford dealer. The TT was purchased new las May 1008.

Once again many many thanks for your reply....it was very much appreciated.

Michael