Ford V10 6.8L engine spark plugs

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Ford V10 6.8L engine spark plugs

Probably if you read Ford's SOP...it will say remove the CAB!!...That is how you do a lot with the Diesel engine...no joke...

C Nash

Joe, what type ford do you have. On my HR you just remove the engine cover. Need more info.

Triple E

Grandview Trailer Sa - 12/21/2010 3:43 PM Probably if you read Ford's SOP...it will say remove the CAB!!...That is how you do a lot with the Diesel engine...no joke...

When did Ford come out with plugs in their diesel engine. Oh, must be the frost plug. :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Seriously, to work on the Diesel engine, Ford says take the Cab off. 6 bolts and 4 wiring harnesses...lift it off. The way they like to pack the "under the hood area"........

C Nash

My 6.8 V10 is a gas engine. Never seen a V10 diesel. Am I missing something?

Grandview Trailer Sa

NO, I am just doing a fun compairson.......

Ford's SOP....standard operating procedure....says to remove the CAB to do LOTS of work on the Diesel engine....The guy asked how to get to the spark plugs....if you can't get to the plugs from the top...maybe taking the cab off will work.

C Nash

Ken, kind of like on some chevy trucks fuel pump replace. Easier to remove the bed than drop the tank :laugh: I knew what you were saying ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

I agree with you Nash...have replaced a few pumps..... Some manufactures even put a access in the truck bed..they all should.

Triple E

Grandview Trailer Sa - 12/21/2010 6:28 PM

NO, I am just doing a fun compairson.......

Ford's SOP....standard operating procedure....says to remove the CAB to do LOTS of work on the Diesel engine....The guy asked how to get to the spark plugs....if you can't get to the plugs from the top...maybe taking the cab off will work.

I know Ken, I just don't ever get a chance to give you a hard time. :approve: