Forest River 30 amp service

yazookid1987

In response to the issues with the forest river wildcat 30 lsbs! I just want to let everyone know out there that under no circumstances should you purchase a forest river product with 30 amp service the trailer will not operate what is installed from the factory! You will have breaker issues throwing continually! There were responses made to original question on 30 amp service. I did not spend close to $30000 to have to run appliances on gas! Maybe you all out there can live with this but i am very disappointed that a company as big as Forest River would even think about building a trailer as large as this one and not put 50 amp service in this trailer! The point here is to stop Forest River from manufacturing this unit without 50 amp service and to stop people from buying this unit! I have given forest river ample time to deal with this and have gotten little to no where! I REPEAT DO NOT BY A FOREST RIVER WILDCAT PRODUCT! YOU WILL BE SORRY! It may be a norm in the rv industry to expect to have issues with 30 amp service but i will not accept responses as to run hot water heater off gas and or refrigerato! That is like paying for 4 wheels on a car and only 3 will operated! It is time for someone to take a stand and make forest river accountable for there failure in this trailer! I did not want to have to do this but now have no choice! :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Forest River 30 amp service

Sorry you did not like, or are willing to accept our earlier answers. I am not a Forest River fan, but they are not the only ones doing it.

I personally have a 32' Fifth Wheel with 30 amp service. I will admit that having 50 amp is better, but I can live with 30. We have camped in it twice and have not blown a breaker yet. Yes, the water heater was on elec. and the refer. was on elec. and the AC was running. My wife did cut off the AC before she did her hair dryer and curling iron.

Venting here will not change the industry.

DL Rupper

Maybe you needed to do a little research before you bought a RV. You shouldn't blame the manufacturer for your lack of doing the homework.

yazookid1987

Forest River Phone Number / Email Address

what does it tell you about a company that does not provide a contact number or email address on there web page! This is Forest River for you! Should this be a red flag! What do you all think! Maybe this should be a warning sign!

ironart

So Who are you going to sue next..??? Possibly the RV Campgrounds where you can't use your 50A service because they don't have any 50Amp Service at the campgrounds. Boy.......There are a lot of those.. :( :( :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well...........there was a LONG thread on here about FR issues. It has been frozen from more posts, but you can still read it.

ironart

You obviously have not been camping long or you would know that 50Amp service is indeed a luxury. You have to make reservations way in advance and request 50A or just stay in the luxury RV resorts that have 50Amp service as a norm.....You really need to relax a little....There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your new FR other than the lack of 50A electrical service. Learning how to deal with these little problems is part of the RV lifestyle.....Possibly you need to rethink the whole issue of RVing in the first place.......Just a thought.... :) :)

yazookid1987

RE: Forest River 30 amp service

attention ironhart: thanks for your understanding in this problems! You are such a great help! does everyone turn to you for there problems! you must be a Forest River dealer or representative! Where i live there are plenty of 50 amp service campgrounds and i am new to camping and do not have 50 amp service! I am glad there are over educated people like you in the world that could care less about a beginner in the rv world quick to criticize but full of wonderful answers!

ironart

Whoops...!!! I guess I tripped her trigger... :( :( I was really trying to be nice. :) :) :)

DL Rupper

Most of us aren't to keen on Forest River products to say the least. But the 30 amp isn't a design or Forest River problem. MOST 5th Wheels and Travel Trailers come with 30 amp service. The larger Trailers and most all Motorhomes come with 50 amp service primarily BECAUSE they have 2 (two) air conditioners.

All we are saying is that 30 amp RV's are just part of RVing. Most campgrounds that provide 50 amp service also charge more for it. In the future as the cost of electricity goes up, 50 amp service will keep going higher.

Relax and enjoy RVing. Consider it a unique challenge to keep from overloading your RV circuits. Kind of like trying to keep from stressing out and overloading you body's circuits. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

yazookid1987 I think you have made a big mistake here, this forum is for helping one another out. I DO THINK you should have asked questions before you bought the unit. The FR products have a hugh problems and most have been discussed on this forum from owners and previous owners. I under stand you frustrations but I ask you not to take it out on the members of this forum. THIS FORUM IS FOR CONVERSATIONS AND HELP WHEN NEEDED. if you think the response was bad then just go away

Kirk

Paul,
This is anything but a Forest River friendly forum. I consider the company to be one that I would never purchasing a product from. But that is because of the poor construction, poor workmanship, lack of customer support and the track record of poor support for their dealers. Even so, there are far more RVs built that have 30A power service and that has been the industry standard for many years. As others have tried to explain to you, even today only the larger and more expensive RVs come with 50A service as standard. It is an option on many RVs but most at the lower end of the market come with a 30A power cord.

One of the reasons for this is the fact that until recently only the larger and more expensive RV parks had 50A service available. Today, many parks have only limited numbers of sites which have 50A service and a significant share of those charge extra for it. In the morothome world, there is more use of 50A service but even there I suspect that no more than half come standard with 50A power service.

There are plenty of good solid reasons to question Forest River. But the lack of a 50A power cord, just is not one of them.

C Nash

Jason,It is sad to see a new rver so dissapointed in their new camper. Have you had it checked to see if there is a possible problem but I don't think there is. As we all have said FR is not a favorite here but I can't say because I have never owned one. There does seem to be issues with warranty work and help from the factory. There should be #s in your owner packet that you can call FR. Forget e-mail as there are numerous companys that will not return E-mail. If you are going to take on the 30amp task you can go after most all the rv mfgs. Some of the blame we have to accept as being ours for not reaserching all aspects of anything before purchasing. Most all of us have been there and done that. Just consider it a learning experience. It really is not that hard to manage our electrical use. All my previous rvs and there have been a lot of them were 30 or even 15 amps. We adjusted and enjoyed. Expect problems with RVing and you wont be dissapointed. Hope it gets better for you. Enjoy what you have and be happy. It gives you a reason to trade in a couple years :)