Forest River again

LEN

Was looking around RV lots in Yuma last evening when just out of curiosity looked at a Forest River Charleston. Dang if it wasn't for the bad rep I just might go for one. Now I've been looking at Diplomats, Tiffin, better coach's. This coach seemed well put together and with reasonable materials. Had the same bolt-ons as everyone else and the Freightliner cat C-9 combo with most of the bells and whistles you see on the upper end coach's, hose and power reels, aladin system. And get this 5 slides, one large and 4 small, gave you a living room, kitchen dinning area and the two in the bedroom. Now the price was also very good. It came with options you don't see without adding like power driving sun and blackout shades, joey beds and cargo space that rivaled a grey hound bus and others I can't recall now. Are they getting their crap together or am I just seeing glitz. OH! it was a 2009 NEW.
No I'm not going to the dark side but dang looked to me for the $$$$$$$$$$ it was OK!!
LEN

EASY77

RE: Forest River again

Hi,
Newbie here. Before I found this amazing wealth of info and the good people here, I bought a 2009 Salem 27 RBEC TT by Forest River. Well, after reading all the stuff here, I was scared to death. however, the dealership did everything as everybody here recomends, and I looked around for a long time. So far I am very pleased. The trailer is very well built and after a thorough inspection, can't complain on workmanship. So far so good. lets see how it holds up. Will keep everybody informed.

Hector, an old Airborne trooper in TN.

H2H1

Re: Forest River again

that is good news to hear on FR. we hope it continues for all who buy TT and from them and all the other manufactors.

C Nash

It is good to start hearing some good reviews on FR products. See a lot of them on the road and think they should at least get a look at from anyone thinking of buying.

SnowbirdInFlight

As I've said before I've never had any trouble with my 2000 FR TT. I think after the hurricane in New Orleans and everyone needing a TT to live in that Elkhart, IN started mass producing them and the quality suffered dramatically. Now things are getting back on track. I would not hesitate to buy another FR product. :cool:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Quality did not suffer because of Katrina...THE GOVT. TOLD MANUFACTURES WHAT THEY WANTED, and what they were going to pay....If a manufacture could build to those specs., they got the contract. To meet those specs., they had to cheapen them up, but manufactures did not forget how to build quality because of it.

kmsavage1

We have a New 2008 FR Berkshire that we purchased in Mar. 2009. Paid a really reasonable price, and have had NO significant issues with the coach. It is 39' with 4 slides. It has a Mercedes 330 Diesel and an Allison 3000MH tranny. Drive great and we have really enjoyed the coach. It is a wonderful FT coach with lots of closet, pantry, interior storage and exterior storage. Any issues we have had were NOT FR they were other Manufacturer issues.

dennis1949

I have a 2008 Cardinal 5th wheel by Forest River. I have had very few problems with it. The ones I have had the dealer promptly fixed them I would not hesitate To buy another forest river product

C Nash

It just proves that if the ones that have had good service reports it changes the way we look at things. We generally only hear of the bad. Enough bad reports should raise a red flag and make you look more close at that product but you shoud use the same caution when looking at any rv. There has to be good FR products out there as you sure see a lot of them on the road. Would like to hear more reports where FR has took care of problems.

wolfgirl

there are got to be some good products in every line and some bad ones also

love this site