FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWillyToo

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

I happen to be a Forest River dealer.
I am aware of some serious roofing problems on 1999-2002 units with the Alpha roofing systems TPO roof. I haven't, however, run into anything with the post 2002 models. There are a few individual units but, that's true with ALL manufacturers.
GRANDVIEW....I've found FR one of my easiest companies to collect warranty payments from. I'm surprised you had trouble! A company that doesn't pay is R-vision. Biggest bunch of jerks I've ever worked with!
KIMRICKB....Don't count on a new trailer, it's EXTREMELY rare! They are legally bound to make resonable repairs and should be able to get your trailer back into A-1 condition. Give them a chance to do that first. I've found that when people bring legal action against a company, the final repair quality gets very low!! It's much better to have someone willingly do the repairs than to have them forcibly done!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Don't know how long you have been dealing with them, but my experience was about 10 years ago. I am glad you are having better luck.

iresq

Well I hope that I am on the right track. I called FR this week to complain about the service that I was getting from my dealer (or the lack of service) and I told them that the dealer was telling me that FR would not send them the parts to fix our camper. I also requested that I be allowed to take my camper to another dealer for my repairs. I wont put the guy I talked to on the spot, but the number I called was 574-534-3167. This is the number to the service center in Goshen, IN. First off he told me that there was only one request in my file for service work and that it had already been paid and closed. As far as getting parts he told me that the service warehouse is located with in 2 miles of three or four plants so if they did not have the parts there at the warehouse they just go to the plant and get what they need and most importantly he told me I could take my camper to ANY Forrest River dealer. All that dealer needs to do is to call the number above and tell them the serial number of the unit they want to work on and that FR would approve them to do the warranty work on that unit. Now the new dealer my not have the parts but again that should not be a problem (according to this guy).
We have a list of about 70 item on our ’06 Sierra and all we want is for them to be fixed in a professional and timely manor. I’ll be taking our camper to Ancira RV Center in Alvarado, TX. I’ve talked to the Service Manager and so far I like what I am hearing.

Paul G

We are campground host in a small Ohio campground. We bought a new 2006 forest river surveyor sv 291 in July. The second night we owned it ,it rain and flooded the whole inside. The slide out leaked really bad. It took so long to clean the water up, that I couldn't get the awning down, and it colapsed with the weight of the water on it. We call the dealer and they replaced the awning at a cost to my insurance. Outraged I contacted Forest river, They said they would cover my deductable and costs, and give us $400.00 for all the inconvince, which they did. The rv went back to the dealer 2 weeks later to have the slide out fixed. It came back a week later and the first rain it leaked again. On labor day weekend I noticed the bottem of the wall between the bathroom and rear bed looked wet. I looked under a unused storage area and found the shocker of a life time! The wood framing was black and rotted, the floor under the tub and bathroom was rotted. I got my video camera and flimed all the damage. I sent a copy to forest river and the dealer, and demanded a new unit. Forest river said they would take my unit back to the plant and repair it. That really upset us I didn't spend $23,000.00 to have all these problems. In October we took the unit back to the dealer and forest river picked it up. In December we picked the unit up at the dealer (about a 3 month time frame). The unit looked good The job appered to be quality work, they put a free topper awning on the slide out, and said they would make a monthly payment for us. We will have to wait till camping season starts and see if any more leaks appear. It took some fighting and argueing but forest river diid come through.

Paul Gresh Jr.

WildWillyToo

GRANDVIEW
I envy you having Sunnybrook! I happen to own one myself and wish we could pick up the line. Unfortunatly, we're in someone elses Sunnybrook territory...soooooo, too bad for us!
As far as FR goes, we had a couple of lines that were Cobra, so grabbed them back right from FR inception. They were tough at first, but we have a big enough volume that we could bully them a bit. Nowadays they've straightened out some!
HAve a good weekend!

W

Grandview Trailer Sa

Hey man, we just started with Sunnybrook, the third one was delivered yesterday. Believe it or not, we did not even have to run a vacuum in it before we showed it to a customer. The "fit and finish" is unbelievable. Everyone loves them when they walk in them. We have started with the Sunset Creek. It is their "entry level" trailer, but listen to this:

Enclosed and Heated underbelly's

Aluminum Frames

Foam Core Insulation adds to the standard insulation

Porcelain Toilets instead of plastic

Lumber Core wood framing, screwed together

Walk on Roofs

Glass Shower doors with Skylights over all tubs or showers

Large Pantrys and Large areas for TV's

Battery Disconnect in the cabinets

The list goes on and on, but best of all, PRICED TO COMPETE WITH TYPICAL WOOD FRAMED TRAILERS!

Earl R

any info on the lightweight FR Surveyor We are looking to buy!!!! PLEASE REPLY

DL Rupper

Hey Earl R, read page 1 about second comment from the bottom. The person commenting purchased a Forest River Surveyor and the problems started on the second night. I think maybe you read the 2nd page only. :laugh:

bsm2003

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Well we have a 2006 wildwood T37BHSS and it is the biggest piece of ***** you could ever buy. The dealer went bankrupt, forest river will not repai the trailer even though it is under warranty, and they offered to repair the trailer ship it back to us in TN and cover all expenses for us to get back home to tennessee from California. When we accepted their offer the renegged and sent us to a dealer to pick out a new trailer. We found one that was comparible to the one we have and we thought that it wood be and even trade in accordance with their warranty but nooooo the dealer tried to take us for suckers and was doing the deal as if we just fell off the turnip truck. We have stress fractures above the rear door, the brakes have failed, the slide out is seperating from the slide mecanism, the roof has been repaired and is now coming unglued again. and to beat all I took it to a dealer in TN and because it was a California model the warranty people at forest river in california told the dealer and me on the phone it would cost them to much to send the parts from cal to tn because they used a different type of aluminum than the indiana model.

If you can top that let me know! :angry:

curtellisjr

Are all these problems with FR units only on their trailers? What about their class C motorhomes? Does anyone have any information on Sunseekers? I found a great deal on one, and now I am beginning to think it is not so great of a deal. Especially now that I think about it, that all of their FR units are in an inside showroom. Any info would be appreciated, including recommendations on other mfg that can build a good class C unit.

Thanks

jersejolt

Presently, I am looking to buy a 2007 travel trailer, and I had a couple of the Rockwood models in mind. Now, after reading some of these posts, I'm not taking a chance and I'm getting rid of those thoughts. jersejolt.

DL Rupper

This thread needs to be revived. Too many unsuspecting Forest Rivers buyers at the RV shows and sales. :evil: :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.