freon question

tbean

We have a 97 National Seabreeze and need to know if we can put freon in our unit ourselves (in the dash air), if so what kind?
Thanks so much for any help!

G

RE: freon question

Well that kinda determines the type of system u have i think it should be r134 but some of the left over r12 systems were still around,, to ck and see what system u have ,, go out and look at the connections if they look like u'r tire valves ,, then it is R12 if they look kinda like a air compressor fitiing then it would be R134,,, as far as R12 ,, this is a thing of the past ,, anyone who has any left ,,, then they are charging an arm and leg for it (i have about 3lbs left)
post back and let me know what type of system u have...
BTY if it's R12 good luck since R12 has not been produced do to EPA ,,, if u can find it get it no matter the cost,, however the R134 is in supply untill 2010 ,, then again it will be switched to some other freon ( EPA)
but again ,, let me know u'r system :)

C Nash

Re: freon question

Like 730, I think you should have the R134. If it has the R12 I would ck into having it switched over or there are some replacement freon for R12 that is not as expensive as the R12. If it is all gone you will have to gk for leaks. Freon does not wear out. If it's gone there is a leak. You really should have someone ck it with a set of guages to be sure you are low. To much is as bad or worse than not enough. In this hot weather the MH dash ACs are not the best because of the area they have to cool.

firestormpro

RE: freon question

97 SEABREEZE USES R134A AVAILABLE AT MOST ANY AUTO PARTS STORE YOU WILL ALSO NEED THE HOSE AND GAUGES TO HOOK IT UP THOUGH THE SUICIDE CANS ARE CHEAPEST WAY TO GO. YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO A GOOD AC SHOP FOR A ESTIMATE LOT OF PLACES OUT THERE WILL CHK AND CHARGE FAIRLY CHEAP AND NO SENSE PUTTING MORE FREON INTO A LEAKING SYSTEM.