FRESH WATER TANK LEAKING

THANK YOU FOR REPLY ON LEAK ON FRESHWATER TANK. I WILL GIVE MORE SPECIFIC DETAILS. 1996 COACHMAN CLASS C MOTORHOME . I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY LAST WEEK. IT HAS BEEN IDLE FOR 3 YEARS. CONNECTED THE WATER HOSE AND AT 80% FILL CAPACITY IT STARTED TO LEAK UNDERNEATH. I LOOKED UNDERNEATH AND CANNOT SEE THE TANK BUT WATER LEAKING . I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET TO THE TANK OR HOSE FITTINGS. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND I DO HAVE A PROBLEM. I HOPE I DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE BODY PARTS OFF TO REACH TO THE TANK. ANYONE WITH IDEAS ON HOW TO REACH THE FRESHWATER TANK. MERCI BEAU COUP DANNY

G

RE: FRESH WATER TANK LEAKING

well it sounds to me like the vent tube to the FW tank has come off for some reason ,, or the tank it self has a hole in it ,, do u have a rear bedroom setup ??? if so does the mattres lift up ,, the tank might be there ,, most rv's have the fresh water tank inside ,, due to them freezing and such ,, but let us know back :approve: :approve:

ARCHER

Re: FRESH WATER TANK LEAKING

I agree with 730 regarding the fresh water tank being inside somewhere. Mine in my old 89 coach was under the flooring inside the closet. Had to take up the floor to get to it, but only had to remove a couple screws to move the floor inside the closet. Any water on the floor inside the coach? Some units when full will overflow under the unit to let you know they are full. Are you sure that is not the case?? ;)

THANK YOU! I GUESS IT WAS FROM THE VENT TUBES.. I GUESS YOU CANT RELY ON THE GAUGES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP . I LEAST I KNOW IT IS NOT LEAKING. MERCI BEAUCOUP DANIEL

G

yea but one other thing ,, the vent tube should go outside ,, not inside ,, there may be a break in it ,, if infact that is where the leak is ,,, don't get discouraged ,, it's part of the rv life we all love :approve: :approve: :)

Kirk

Re: FRESH WATER TANK LEAKING

producteuragricole,

Where was the water coming out? If you were going by the gauge then there is a pretty good chance that it was just full and going out the vent tube. Some tanks have the vent at some point below the top where it never gets completely full. If it is from the vent, you should see the water coming out of a tube that extends below the floor of the RV to vent outside somewhere. I suggest that you make sure that if it is the overflow, just to be sure. It isn't a good idea to take chances with water leaks as they can cause major damage if allowed to keep wood parts wet.

PS: Any chance of not using all caps so that it will be easier to read your posts?