fresh water tank

fordman01

If my RV will not be used for a few weeks is is best to always drain the fresh water tank and water heater,i'm new at this .

G

RE: fresh water tank

i do mine after every trip ,, fresh water tank ,, and water heater ,, and i also pull the low point drains ,, and then before we use it again ,, i sanitize the water system ,, as i said i do this before and after every trip :eek: :)

jeffcarp

Re: fresh water tank

I drain and sanitize the fresh water tanks exactly once every year - in the spring after dewinterizing. I've never sanitized during the season and would never consider doing it after only a few weeks of no use. That is way overkill in my opinion. When I get back from usage, I fill the tanks up with water. I treat it with a little bit of fresh water treatment that you can buy anywhere that sells camping supplies. I don't see any way that water goes bad in a closed vessel system in any reasonable amount of time, especially when lightly treated.

H2H1

I sanitize it after the winter storage time and I do drain and flush after each use .But those of us who knows Rod, well we know he over kills on everything. But that just Rod. :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

I drain mine for winter only. The rest of the year we leave the tank about half full and the hotwater tank full. I do put a bit of purex in now and then. But we don't drink tank water unless on a longer trip with a few tanks run trough. Bottled water for coffee and drinking. One thing we are in the NW and the water stays cool during storage.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

My water heater stays full year round, except when winterized. I do know that you can get a bad smell from the water heater now and again. Draining it and refilling takes care of that.

We use the fresh water tank a lot and mine usually has some water in it. We don't drink that water, so I dont worry to much about sanitizing.