Full Tour video of 2011 Four Wheel Campers Keystone pop-up truck camper

Discussion in 'Towables' started by mark79, Mar 1, 2017.

1. mark79

mark79 Junior Member

i did not see a slide-in truck camper section, so i posted this here as it's the closet kind. if there is a truck camper forum here, please let me know and i will re-post it in the correct spot.

i've created a full tour video of my 2011 Four Wheel Campers Keystone pop-up truck camper. i go over all the standard features, the custom options, upgrades, and some modifications/hacks i made. here are a couple links to watch the video:

http://markmarano.com/2017/02/26/fu...ck-camper-2011-including-modshacks-slideshow/

i am selling this camper as i no longer have my truck. it's been in the garage most of its life and is in great condition. i thought of getting another truck though won't be doing so anytime soon, so it could use a new home. if you'd like to purchase it or know someone who does, please send me a message via my website as i don't regularly check messages or posts on here. here's a link to the contact form to write me: http://markmarano.com/contact/

here are some photos of the inside after it was garaged: http://markmarano.com/?p=12758

here are some shots of the outside: http://markmarano.com/?p=9703

this link has lots of details of the features and options it has: http://markmarano.com/?p=12287

here's a link to a time-lapse video i made of when i removed it from the bed of the truck in case you want to check that out:

i wrote a very long article about why i chose this camper and truck back when i was figuring out what i wanted to get for an rv or adventure vehicle. you can read that here: http://markmarano.com/2012/01/11/wh...-150-supercab-heavy-duty-truck-with-ecoboost/

2. mark79

mark79 Junior Member

i'm selling my four wheel campers keystone truck camper. it's in great condition and hasn't seen that much use. most of its life it's been in the garage. i'm open to reasonable offers on the selling price. i'm also open to keeping the compost toilet and maybe the refrigerator, tripod jacks, dolly, and perhaps a couple other components that i could sell separately. the camper came with a thetford cassette/cartridge toilet that is practically new -- it was only used a couple or few times and i did not even fill up the cassette once before dumping it. this camper is 9' long and is designed for a long bed truck. it can be bolted down or tied down with a built-in turnbuckle system. an alternate method for usage, transportation, or storage would be to place it on a flat trailer.

here is a very detailed full tour video i made going over everything it has:

if you're interested in purchasing it, or know someone who is, please send me a message via my website as i usually don't check posts or messages here. here's a link to the contact form: http://markmarano.com/contact/

i found most of the original invoices and receipts for the camper. here’s a list of all the options and add-ons the camper has, along with the original prices i paid for everything:

-- four wheel campers keystone base model $13995
    -- 12v/110v low power compressor fridge $1400
    -- furnace, forced air w/thermostat $495
    -- hot water/outside shower package $595
    -- DSI optional electric start for hot water heater $155
    -- screen door $235
    -- fan-tastic fan $295
    -- front opening window $175
    -- awning $695
    -- awning rail $32
    -- auxiliary battery system with separator $395
    -- second battery $275
    -- small drivers side window $175
    -- gas strut roof lift assist system $250
    -- bolt down and wiring $495
    -- arctic pack $475
    -- roof hatch $995
    -- 2 Sharp 130W pv modules $1314
    -- charge controller $329
    -- cable kit $79
    -- installation of solar $498
    -- propane pressure reg + purge/fill $42
    -- rv water hose $13
    -- aqua-kem holding tank deod $9
    -- rv water pressure regulator $10
    -- 600 watt true sinewave inverter + installation $366
    -- custom sink drain tubing $112
    -- compost toilet + installation $1484
    -- additional power outlets + installation $238
    -- custom camera mounts $117
    -- freight / destination + pre-delivery inspection $1980
    -- taxes on camper and dealer additions $1663
    -- rieco-titan tripod jacks $500
    -- parts for dolly $201
    -- labor to engineer + build custom heavy duty dolly $?
    -- hitch step $27
    -- longer shower hose + piece to hold above shower $31
    -- extra window frame for screened window in front $53
    -- screen for extra window frame $?
    -- longer shower pan $58
    -- rv water filter + hose extension $?
    -- addition of locks to cabinet doors so won’t open on their own $?
    -- storage area dividers $21
    -- storage bins/crates $?
    -- rv dish drying rack $?

adding everything up comes to a total of at least $30,277 -- this is counting $0 for everthing with a $? above. if you don't count the $3,643 for tax, freight, and pre-delivery inspection (that were part of the actual acquisition cost of the camper), and take off the base model price, you'll see all of the options, modifications, and add-ons come to a total of at least $12,639 (again, not counting some things i don't have the receipts readily accessible for).

it's a little difficult to determine the exact value as this is now a rare unit (as four wheel campers is no longer producing the larger keystone model). the biggest model fwc is currently making is the grandby which is a foot shorter -- this is most likely either a marketing decision or to save on manufacturing costs by trimming their line, as lots of people are buying trucks with shorter beds (which wouldn't be recommended for the 9ft keystone model). being a rare model and harder to find (especially loaded with most of what fwc offered plus extra additions professionally installed that they didn't offer from the factory), its value will be a bit more than the high value four wheel campers already hold.

this camper hasn't seen that much use either. it went on two long trips: one from the chicago area to the west coast and then back to florida (over a total of 72 days), and another from chicago to maine and then down the east coast to florida (a total of 22 days). it also saw a few shorter trips: the original trip home from the dealer in north carolina to florida, a trip back to the dealer in north carolina (from florida) to install additional components (and then back home), two trips to chicago from florida, and a couple/few trips in florida. most of its life it's been in the garage. i purchased it new in october of 2011 and it's been in the garage (in florida) since august of 2013. i sold my truck in january of 2014 and am not going to be getting another anytime soon so the camper is ready for a new home. it's very clean, in great/excellent condition, like new.

this is your chance to get a unique camper that's ready to go on new adventures. please contact me to make a reasonable offer and arrange to come pick it up in florida. if you can't make the trip here, i can possibly make arrangements to deliver or ship it to you.