fulltiming

C Nash

Have a 5th wheel 28 ft and diesel dually and thinking about trading for a class A m/h. Would like to hear pro and con comments and which is best for fulltiming. Like the 35ft with slide M/H. Limited funds probably rule out diesel pushers (wish wish)but, maybe a used one. Thank

klamathrv

fulltiming

Y'know, Mr. Nash, we had a 26' MH towing a jeep. That was very convenient, as I could make snacks, or start a gourmet dinner as we were traveling, but after being park owners for more than seven years, we are considering a fifth wheel trailer, and a beefy truck as our next purchase. We are no longer in a hurry, and really don't want to worry about two motorized vehicles, their services and expenses. Wish you luck!

Experienced toilet-brusher-outer & puppy-pooper-scooper.

rv wizard

fulltiming

One thing you will want to keep in mind is the amount of things you will want and need to take with you. All this converts to weight. Make sure your rig is not overloaded. We now have a 36' Aerbus and tow an S10 Blazer which is fine for the type camping we are doing now. We hope to someday fulltime and work as wego so I realize this rig will not be sufficient in weight carrying capacity. Have been doing a lot of homework on the rig rig so when the day comes we can make a good choice. I like the idea of the pulling vehicle to weight more than what will be behind so I am probably looking at a Diesel class A. What ever you decide on the important thing is to have fun. Bye for now.

Mike, Amy, Ashley, Candi
'95 Rexhall 36' Aerbus
#3 & #8 NASCAR

Kirk

fulltiming

We are full-timers and we travel in a 35' motorhome, gas chassis with no slide. But that doesn't mean it would be the best choice for you. We chose a class A for several reasons. While we are in no hurry (it took us 26 days to travel 1200 miles), we do like having access to all of the amenities while on the road. And if the weather goes sour, we stop at the nearest parking lot to wait it out and we don't even have to go outside to be at home. But the main reasons we chose this rig were limited budget and the large carrying capacity. No fiver has the amount of storage that the basement model motorhome has. To know what is best for you, spend a lot of time at the RV shows, and visit RV parks and campgrounds and talk with the advocates of each. There is no one answer that fits everyone!

Good travelin! ......Kirk
www.1tree.net/adventure

C Nash

fulltiming

Thanks Kirk, We are leaning toward a class A M/H for the reasons you stated. Have read a lot of your post on different forums and find most of your posts to be very informative and down to earth. I agree each must decide what is best for themselves by studying all the units availiable. We plan on taking our time and enjoying all the sights. Thanks to all for their information.

travelers1999

fulltiming

We have a 40 foot Winniebago, no slides, and gasoline. We traded a 33 foot Shasta in on it, looking for more room. The 40 footer does not have much more usable room! We should have bought a slide out unit instead, and now we have decided that a diesel would better fit our needs too. The 40 footer (ford powered) gets 4.1 miles per gallon of fuel! I understand a diesel gets 10 to 12 mpg. This makes a big difference if you plan to travel a lot. You will definately want a basement model for the extra storage. Hope our experiences help you in your decisions.