Furnace Blower motor replacement

Kirk

Re: Furnace Blower motor replacement

Hey guys, I'm sorry to have been slow in getting back to you. We have been traveling and visiting friends and family so I got distracted and failed to follow up on my post. The Hydro-Flame is a brand that was bought out by Atwood and is still made by them today. Should you be looking for the manual for it, or for a Suburban you can find both on the site of Bryant RV which is located at:
http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Sorry to have been so darned slow. If you can't find what you need there, just send be a private message with your email address and I can send it to you.

ironart

Hey Kirk......

Thought that was the case.....Great information...Thanks....I bookmarked the site for future reference....Good Stuff...

Hope things are OK with you and yours....

Headed to San Diego (Valley Center) tomorrow for a 2 day show and then to Santa Barbara for a 3 day show and then to Pismo Beach, to see the Monarch Butterflies and go camping for a couple of days....

Talk to youall when I get back...

Paul

Paul

sharky

Thanks Kirk and Paul for your quick reply!

This manual is very helpful. I think I'm going to start off by cleaning everything out and visually inspecting. Basically the problem that I'm having is that when it kicks on it makes a really loud high pitched squeal. My first thought is that it's probably the blower motor but if either of you have any ideas let me know. I'll let you know what I find out after I clean it out.

Thanks again!

ironart

Sharky,

I was told, when I got my new one that the motor does not have ball bearings.....It is just a bronze bushing......The squeaking is probably from the shaft bearings.......and they can't be lubricated....... My motor was completely frozen up...so I had no choice but to replace it.... Works great now...

Kirk

sharky

While that squeal could be motor bearings, I have also heard more than one furnace do that because of mud-dobber nests inside of the combustion air path. That is the very first thing that I would look for. It could also be that the motor is turning but the blower cage has come loose. With it running, check to see if there is air moving through the combustion path. If there is, then look for the loose blower reel.

One nice thing about owning a furnace from Atwood is that you can check the motor operation without removing the furnace from the RV. Access is tight, but you can do most things through the outside access panel.