Furnace blows cold

ram1z

I have a 1996 Rexhall 3250 with a slide. The furnace blows cold- from what I read the sail switch may be the problem. Where can I find this? I have found the limit switch- but I don't have a clue where to look for the sail switch.
Thnaks

LEN

Re: Furnace blows cold

Has it been working right along? Is it electric ignition? Are the batteries up? Have you shut the gas off and back on IE filling the tank? Have you cycled the furnace several times? The sail switch is in side and is a mechanical switch, the amount of are flow troughs the switch.

LEN

ram1z

Len,
It was working 3 months ago. I am not sure about the electronic ignition. The batteries are all good as they are running all the other items plus I turned on the generator. I turned it on and off about 8 times in the course of an hour and it never changed from blowing cold. I didn't tuen the gas on and off as I thought it was fine as the refrigerator was running on gas.

So, the access is inside the unit? I opened the panel on the inside of the unit and that is where I see the limit switch. there isn't an outside opening I can open to see this switch?

G

what type furnace do u have ??? most sail switches can only be got at by pulling the furnace ,, mine had the same prob ,, i have a rexhall also ,, but the fin on my sail switch fell off ,, fixed that ,, but still no hot air ,, i guess i am looking at replacing the gas valve next ,, i'll get to that in about another 3 yrs or so ,, i don;t need the furnace ,, i camp when it's warm ,, and if i do need heat ,, i have the heat strips in the roof units :eek: :eek: :)

Triple E

Is your fan pushing enough air for the flow switch. Could there be a filter or something that is not letting all of the needed air flow? :question:

ram1z

There is plenty of air volume coming out all vents- I'll have to crack open the wallet and take it in. when I do, i'll update everyone on this thread. I mostly hunt with it so fall and winter are when I use it.