furniture

dockdev

My husband and I are new RVer's and the furniture in this new Raptor is shot already. Is there anyway you can replace furniture that is located on a slideout? Can anybody help us with this as we're getting tired of sitting on the floor :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: furniture

NEW Raptor? What about warranty?

Yes, new furniture can be added, you just need to watch your weights. Believe it or not, everything is weighed that goes in a trailer and the slideout is designed to move a certain weight in and out.

dockdev

Very good questions :eek: We can come in from the garage. Just measured it and it's 21 1/2 inches wide thru the door into the living area. We have a Raptor Toy Hauler. Thanks for reminding me of the width.

dockdev

I will check the warrenty first, thanks. I did think of that one too. Thanks for the info :)

DL Rupper

By the way dockdev, welcome to the forum. I pulled a light weight dining room table off my slide and out the front door. I replaced it with a La-Z-Boy recliner and switched ends of the slide with the couch/recliner and haven't had any problems for the last 8 years.

You need to follow Kenneth's (Grandview Trailer Sales) advice and try to keep the weight about the same. :)

dockdev

the furnitiure in here is very light. What I would like is....table and chairs and lazy boy recliners. I'll check with the dealership and see what the weight max is, or that info would be on the papers we received at the time of sale. After I get this down, I'll email you back and let you know. :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

On my new trailer I moved the dinette and chairs and replaced with a recliner also. I know the one recliner is about the same weight of what I took out.

You will probably have to go the Raptor to get the weights.

DL Rupper

I found some new recliners that are fairly light weight compared to my older ones. I f you look around you might be able to get light ones or the new style that have seperate foot stools that could maybe be located off of the slide.

jetboat

RE: furniture

try akea, there light and most everything comes in boxes.we just bought a euro chair thats only around 3 to 5 lbs.dumped the rocker that was a tank.