Generator advice??

StanB.

New to all this, just bought my first camper, a 2002 Flagstaff Forest River pop-up. I need to buy a generator to power it. The sticker above the plug says "110/125 volt, 60 HZ, 30 Amperes." It has a few interior lights, a roof-mounted AC unit, exhaust fan and a microfridge and that is about it. Can anyone give advice on an appropriate generator to power this whole unit with no problems? I am no electrician, really need some help. I would also probably be willing to pay a little more for a quieter generator than some I have been around, if such a thing exists. Thank you in advance.

Hogpower

I would get the information off the fridge and the A/C take it to the generator sales place tell them what you want and they will tell you how big gen you need. As far as noise..Honda is the quietest one out there..but also the most costly..good luck!

LEN

You will need minimum 2000 watt GEN and since you are at high altitude somewhat more for starting the A/C(Gens loose power the higher the altitude so at sea level it might start the A/C but at high altitude it would have trouble). If you camp around others a Quiet GEN like a Honda or Yamaha and if not around others about any 3000Watt will do the trick. Or depending on your budget two 2000 Watt Honda's can be combined for 4000 or just one running for use without the A/C plus one running is very fuel efficient. If one looks around the net very lightly use second hand units can be hard for a very good price plus you are just north of the RV capitol of the winter time.

LEN

akjimny

If you're a member, Costco sells a 2kw generator, Sinepower Pro, for about half the price of a Honda. Mine runs about as quiet as any Honda I've heard and will run my roof air and fridge. However, if I want to use the microwave, I have to turn off the A/C.