Generator Probs

tapkawiman2

Need a little help here.
Have a 02 Rage N Toy Hauler with a Generac 50G Gen in it.

Just bought it ran gen at my house for a couple hrs no prbs took it out last weekend ran for approx 7 hrs with AC on at some point after that AC kicked off. There are no breakers or fuses triped or blown. The only way I can get the AC to come back on is to shut the gen off and restart it or unplug the power cable from the trailer and plug it back in and then it only runs for 20 sec or so then back off.

The AC ran for 2 days hooked up to 30Amp service. Checked the voltage at the plug in were the power cord plugs in and I have 150 on one side and nothing on the other. So I am assuming it is a problem with the gen.

Any suggestions as what to do next would be appreciated.

This RV is actually my moms so I dont really want to tear into the gen unless its something that is not to time consuming.

I also posted this at RV.net

JimE

RE: Generator Probs

Todd two things that will shut down a genset are low oil or if the gas tank on the RV goes below a quarter tank. Not familiar with your unit so not sure if its a towable or an RV. By the way, welcome to the forum.

LEN

Re: Generator Probs

Check and see how the propane level is. And since it is a toy hauler most run on propane. If very low on propane it might start for a couple then shut down.

LEN