Generator Question

barbicj

My Generac generator used to power both the front and rear A/C's. Currently it will power one or the other but not both.If the front A/C is running and I start the rear A/C the front unit shuts off and the rear starts. Can someone point me in the right direction to get both A/C's running at the same time?
Thanks
Jack

hertig

Generator Question

Do you have a 'power management system' in the RV? Perhaps it thinks that you only have one phase of 30/20 amps instead of the two phases of 50 amps, and depowers the second AC. Or perhaps the generator is only putting out one of the phases and the power manager is working correctly.

First step would be to check the power management system (it should tell you what it thinks is has for power), and next check both of the circuit breakers on the generator. After that it gets a bit trickier...

s.harrington

Generator Question

Without knowing more about your coach I could not begin to tell you what may be wrong but John has the right idea. If you have an inverter/charger on you coach and a power management system it may be as simple as setting your incoming power to the proper amperage.