Get Paid to see the US (if U have a camper or motor home)

nbgmartin

We just recently lost the main sponsor for a bike ride across America that I have been building toward for the last 6 years. I even completed a 366 page book this winter that I was supposed to be touring it with. When business fell through the floor for the company that had committed its staff, money and other resources to our 7th annual national Mayors' Ride, a ride that I myself will be doing this year on an 1891 bike, it knocked me to my knees. And yet I refuse to give up. And that is why I am on my knees asking for your help .

As the author of "Awake Again ,all the way back from head injury", this, my third bike ride across the US will bring hope to Americans on lots of levels. If I can come back from two months in a coma, right side paralysis and clinical death to now be able to ride the only bike of its kind in active use in the entire word, then my desire to connect the coasts with a National Bicycle Greenway should be eminently doable.

So it you have a camper or motor home and want me to give you $1000 a month (and pay for gas) for the use of your vehicle and your driving services as per this schedule: http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide2009 , let's make something very fun and very huge happen for the planet!!

We leave soon! The first night I will need a roof over my head is Thursday May 7 in Napa, CA

THX 4 all of U!!

415-240-4712 hiwheeler@gmail.com

btw: You will be driving 50 miles a day, so if you have other rods in the fire that can be handled while you are on the road, this could be a great way to see America, while helping to impregnate the national consciousness with the need for better biking infrastructure and the National Bicycle Greenway !!

btw2: If U are retired and have a motor home that U cannot afford to drive, this is a great way to improve your cash flow as U might even be able to make your residence available as a vacation rental during this period of time

TexasClodhopper

Re: Get Paid to see the US (if U have a camper or motor home)

Oh boy!

Perhaps if you can't afford it (and your sponsor can't either), you shouldn't be doing it? It's tough times all over.

nbgmartin

Ah, but that's just the point. What I am proposing here is a win win for everybody! It's a way for someone to help me spread the message that there really is hope for the head injured as we call for improved road infrastructure that will make it safe for all of us to share the road. While at the same time they get a little bit of cash flow and a fun and notable way too see America!!!

THX for tuning in!

btw: Back in 1986 when my ride for the head injury foundation reached 40 million people, one of my largest sponsors was "Trucks" magazine. They supported what I was going then because they knew the importance of helping each other to get where we are going!

Martin Krieg "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/MKRIEG.HTML
'79 & '86 TransAmerica Bike Rides
2009 w/"How America Can Bike & Grow Rich"
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
NBG Founding Director, HiWheel Cyclist

TexasClodhopper

It sounds like you've made a career out of a tragic situation in your life.

I personally don't think bicycles and vehicles mix very well, but that's just me.

And I don't see the need for all of us to spend the money to build an interstate highway system for bicycles, either, "... so we can fully impregnate the American consciouness(sic) with bicycling."

DL Rupper

I would just as soon see the bicycles restricted to bike only paths. In the major cities of Portland/Seattle they (bicyclists) stage road rallies to totally stop traffic once a month to show that they are entitled to have total use of the roads with motorized vehicles. They are a menace to the highways.
I pay taxes to use the roads with a vehicle/RV. I don't believe bicycles are taxed/registered/tagged for use on roadways. Sorry not interested. :eek:

elkhartjim

There was big bicycle rally when we were in Fort Davis recently. Unfortunately, the man that organized this race was killed in a head on collision (in a car) the morning of the race. Driving drunk. Bicyclist can be some of the most inconsiderate people on the road. They often road three abreast and clogged the roads. Cars, trucks, travel trailers and motor home should not be sharing the same roads. Just my opinion.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Get Paid to see the US (if U have a camper or motor home)

Wow Marin! What a great site. I really like the wooden bike, lol. You really ride the hi-wheeler well. I tried it and just couldn't get the hang of it although my ten year old (at the time) did it with ease ha-ha.

Great cause and you have overcome a great deal to be able to accomplish what you have thus far. Can't help you with the trip but have bookmarked the page and will keep tabs on the progression. Good luck and stay safe. May God be with you on your journey.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

And the Busycle video is really fantastic!

2old2sit

I just saw a short piece about this ride on Fox News. I guess the finances worked out.