Getting ready to head south

SnowbirdInFlight

Guess we will be heading south at the end of the month. We are taking a slightly different route to Texas this year. We are going to head to Memphis and then get on Route 1 thru Mississippi following the river. Does anyone know of any good campgrounds down that way? I can only find one with the Good Sam's Campground Directory.

Thanks!

Janeen

vanole

Re: Getting ready to head south

I'm leaving Va Beach for Florida this Saturday will roost in Miami and the Keys thru March.

Jeff

JimE

RE: Getting ready to head south

Jeff where do you stay in the Keys? We stayed at the KOA on Sugarloaf Key last winter and were getting ready to plan another trip this February.

vanole

JimE

Miami (Larry and Penny Thompson)

Keywest (usally at Sigsbee FAMCAMP NAS Key West) but his year opted for a change and will be at Sugarloaf Key KOA.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

JimE

We really enjoyed Sugarloaf Key KOA. Nice place run by nice people with boat dock, marina and other features you dont always find. Just a hill climb to the bridge to some good fishing as well.

JimE

Jeff is that open to all retired military? I am retired Air Force and might be interested.

vanole

JimE,

Yes both Sigsbee and Marathon Cottages and RV Park are open to retirees. Kinda late now to get a reservation but not for next year. Do you ever visit this site http://militarycampgrounds.us/state-listing Site is run by a retired Air Force guy lists all the FAMCAMPS. Use your benefit, you earned it my friend. I retired 1 Aug 07.

The site I gave you shows the US you pick the state and it then will give you a description of the FAMCAMP etc. Only FAMCAMP I have had a hard time getting into is Pelican Roost in Mayport Fl. I've gotten in but it is hard.

Great talking to you Jim. Maybe our paths will cross.

BTW my father is retired Air Force (he was a weather forecaster).

V/R
Jeff

GO NAVY
Fly Navy

V/R
Jeff

SnowbirdInFlight

Grandview Trailer Sa - 11/20/2009 6:42 PM OH BOY!!!

I know! I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any campgrounds in Mississippi near the river and next thing I know the thread is about something else. Thanks for the support Grandview, I appreciate it, although I was being funny after all. That is why I put the :eek: face on my post. But, I'm sure you knew that. ;)

SnowbirdInFlight

vanole - 11/20/2009 4:04 PM JimE, Yes both Sigsbee and Marathon Cottages and RV Park are open to retirees. Kinda late now to get a reservation but not for next year. Do you ever visit this site http://militarycampgrounds.us/state-listing Site is run by a retired Air Force guy lists all the FAMCAMPS. Use your benefit, you earned it my friend. I retired 1 Aug 07. The site I gave you shows the US you pick the state and it then will give you a description of the FAMCAMP etc. Only FAMCAMP I have had a hard time getting into is Pelican Roost in Mayport Fl. I've gotten in but it is hard. Great talking to you Jim. Maybe our paths will cross. BTW my father is retired Air Force (he was a weather forecaster). V/R Jeff GO NAVY Fly Navy V/R Jeff

I use this web site also, since my hubby is a 100% disabled vet. I actually bought the software, that way I can use it even when I have no internet connection. I love it!