Got my new 5th wheel, had my first problem!

EricCharlton

I'm new to RV'ing (and campers in general). Mine was delivered last week and I have been learning lots. I went to hook up my sewer tube and empty the tanks two days ago. It was then that I learned that the RV had been delivered with the tank valves OPEN! I really wish my delivery guy had explained that little detail to me. Don't feel too bad for me, I realized it BEFORE I took of the cap. It was still a messy job getting the tube hooked up.

H2H1

Hi Eric, welcome to the RV world. So glad it had the cap own, but better yet if it wasn't on it would been empty by the time it got to you and your job would have done. But since it was open with the cap on all you had to do was to close the T handle but you still had a little spill. BTW IT NOT A TUBE, it is call a SEWAGE hose . We are going looking tomorrow for a 5th wheel. We still have the MH, so camping is going on .. Good luck and happy camping

LEN

One very entertaining time for RVer's is to sit near the dump station and enjoy the view. Same thing for boaters at the boat launch. I've seen a new RVer dump the whole load and have to clean it up, also a tail around the camp fire of a new RVer who took a bath as he opened the valve and the hose gave way, then proceeded to take a nude shower from the outside shower in the dump bay(someone also said he ditched the soiled clothing in the refuse bin of the dump site. What a minds eye view LOL.

LEN

H2H1

hey Len while we was at St Andrews state park, our site was about 50' for the sewage dump. But we was only entertained one time with the smell. A camper got in a hurry and one of the old waste carriers and no hose so he just roll it over on the side and let it go but he did clean it up and the smell did not last long. I called to camp ranger and reported him don't know if they said anything to him.

EricCharlton

TXiceman;83816 said:
Just be sure to watch the Movie Rv with Robin Williams...an education for the noobies.

Ken

Sounds like fun. I could use a break from all the "crap" I've had to deal with so far.