GPS and POI's 765T

LEN

OK this is the first time I have tried to use POI's and can't seem to get them to work. Read all the instructions, down loaded POI's (rest stops and low clearance) loaded to GPS and all seemed to go as stated. Now how do I turn them on, been looking and looking and can't find where how?? Must be simple too simple for me!!

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: GPS and POI's 765T

Len,
I might be able to help you as early as tomorrow...I just ordered a Garmin Nuvi 1490T. What attracted me to that model was the hands free feature allowing me to talk on my cell phone thru it. Virginia just passed a law that you cannot talk on cell phones while driving unless you are hands free. Law takes effect July 1. I will be able to Bluetooth it with my phone and do that.

H2H1

dang Ken you sure are getting high tech :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Before long you want want to talk to us unless we go thru some type machine. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

I also considered the 1490T but it didn't have the FM option and the 765T has the bluetooth phone also. The FM for us old f%%%%s sends the voice to the radio and then I can raise the volume way up there if needed, so far the regular voice is enough BUT. The thing with the POI's is I seem to have loaded them correctly to the GPS but having never used them before I don't see them as we go by on the freeway, there must be a turn then on thing in the GPS I'm not finding.

LEN

H2H1

See, what did I tell you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hope you are having a great day

LEN

OK found them and they work by going to the xtra poi's. But does anyone know if you can display them on the map as you go down the road not just as a place you are going to.

LEN

Triple E

Len I do not have the 765T. But on the one that I do have I have to set a range. ie; road side, several miles away or do not show. I also have a feature that lets me choose what POI's that I what. ie; All, several, minimum, or none. Anyway all of this stuff has to be selected in order for it to work. I am wondering if yours might be the same way. Do you have a "TOOL" icon?

LEN

Yes I do have the tool Icon and will come back to this in a couple weeks. We are headed to Hawwaii for two weeks in the sun.

I will have a computer over there and will check in but not taking the 765T.

LEN

H2H1

Well I have to say that one POI I would like to go to again. :laugh: :laugh: