grass?

krautdog

After our latest blizzard, I began to wonder what my lawn looks like, I haven't seen the grass since Nov. 15. I remember the exact day because I left for Florida and it was raining. There was a big snow during the week and when I returned on the 22nd- snow and it all has not melted since, it's about 3 feet deep now. Can't wait for spring and camping season to roll around again.

rjf7g

Re: grass?

Krautdog-
I have no concept of what you are describing. We have had a total of 1/16 of an inch of snow this year. We did have an ice storm that nastied things a bit.

C Nash

Haven't even seen a flake here this winter but Monday night might change that. Maybe I'll be south by then :laugh:

G

well nash i'll email u a pic from our storm 2 weeeks ago :) :eek:

C Nash

Thought it was snowing here the other day but then the wife told me to quit scratching my head :eek: :laugh:

big bilko

RE: grass?

I feel for you with your winter,We are at the peak of our summer and the last 3 days have been 103 degrees plus . Our green grass is brown and most of our plants have baked, Our wonderful state government have not put any thought to keeping up with repairs on our rail system and nearly all the trains have either broken down or have no air conditioning.The few that run are hampered by the heat buckling the rail lines. Over half a million homes were without power for over 24 hours because of the overlod of the cooling systems and to top that off some fool has been setting fire to the natural bush reserves.Most people in the city area spent te night on the BEACH. We were lucky as our power stayed on and we have a pool.The major shopping centres are packed all day with the elderly congregating there because of the air conditioning. I realise that your great country has a lot to be thankful for but as I read the threads on winterising I am glad I live in Australia. In my 66 years I have only seen it snow once (about 10 flakes)and every day in some of our northern states is Beach weather. Regards and keep warm Big Bilko :) :) :) :)

G

RE: grass?

well big ,, i feel for u ,, and i mean it ,, but some states here are also without power ,, and it's very cold ,, -17 in some parts ,, but u know me ,, the 103 would be just right for me ,, i don't need a/c it only makes me think of winter ,,, brrr ,, hell 3 yr's ago when we were at MB in july it was 111 ,, and i had the beach to myself ,, and without an umbrella ,,, sorry ,, kinda got off topic ,, still counting ,, till may :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

WELL it's been real nice here for winter. We have had some cold weather but it never last over 3 days. Most of our days are in the middle 50 and low 30. My Bradford Pears trees are budding and the grass is still brown but that will change around April when I give it it's first feeding of fertilizer to give it a kick to get started growing. If we are out camping and it gets over 75 we will be in the pool with the Grand Kids and whenit hit the high 90 we will in the house under the AC :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , THAT MY LIFE STYLE

G

well i used to fertilize my grass ,, but after i put some left over hay field fertilizer on my lawn ,, a few yr's ago ,, never agian ,, hell i could see it growing behind the mower ,, went thru a ton of fuel that yr ,, mowed 3 times a week ,,, this yr ,, as last i will just areate it and let mother nature do the rest :eek: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Do like DL and all the other fulltimers. When the grass needs mowing " MOVE" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

krautdog

rjf7g - 1/30/2009 7:07 PM

Krautdog-
I have no concept of what you are describing. We have had a total of 1/16 of an inch of snow this year. We did have an ice storm that nastied things a bit.

that's awesome, we ended january with 40.5" of accumulation for the month. Once the kids are older, my wife and I are really thinking about full timing it but, that's still a good 15 years off. Maybe we should just re-locate to a warmer climate. I'm already making a pile of stuff to bring to the camper when I can open it up on April 15th.

C Nash

Weather man said we may have flurries tonight but as I look outside the sun is shinning bright. Still haven't seen a flake this year.