GREAT HELP

H2H1

I just want to let everyone know what great help I got today. But before I TELL YOU let me explain what happen, today my new house batteries was delivered and I installed them. If you don't know what you are doing make diagram as what and how they are wired in. I thought I did that, however, it was wrong. I blew several 25 amps fuses, and this disable the refrigerator and the heat and water pump. I called several people I knew who could help me out. Now who do you think came thru??? our very own Rod "730" he went looking in his books and called me several time asking me how things was going and giving me advise as what to look for. So I am very grateful for having Rod as a friend. But it gets better,,,, he refused to let me pay him. but I will send him something. But what a friend to have,,, ALL THIS WHILE I AM IN DEADWOOD SD THANKS ROD

H2H1

Re: GREAT HELP

Becky it goes to show it pays to have good friends, and you can't have have to many

H2H1

Becky it goes to show it pays to have good friends, and you can't have have to many

G

well thank u hollis ,, but it is what i do everyday ,, ,, but even though i know u ,, and call u a friend ,,, i would do that for any of my customers ,, that is just how i am ,,, but before i start patting myself on the back ,, since i did not do such a good job ,, hollis lost his furnace ,, agian tonight ,, and i had him walk thru a bunch of stuff ,, that i thought of ,, but i have not givin up yet ,, i like this kinda of a challenge ,, but IMO ,, it is a freaky stupid thing that happend ,, and no ,, Hollis ,, not u ,, but something else ,, i will not let this whip me ,, i will dig deep and find the answer to this prob ,, the way i see it ,, it is a learning curve ,, and it will help if i ever run into this agian ,, but feel bad that hollis ,, is the one that i have to try it out on ,, but there agian ,, this is what i like ,, a challenge ,, but not at the need of a friend ,, those hit deeper ,, and i tend to try harder ,, but i would do the same for anyone on here ,, or one of my customers :approve:

C Nash

Rod I know you are thinking of retiring but the industry can't afford to lose repair shops like you. Thats whats so great about this forum having people like you, GTS and all the others that are so willing to share info and help to others. Everything is here from electrical to trip advice. Thanks to all here that share their advice and opinions. :approve:

G

well u;r right Nash ,, the rv industrie ,,, IMO is going down hill ,, none of the techs today ,, want to or will go that extra mile ,, without getting paid for it ,, i seen it the other day ,, at a local spot (name will not be used ) anyway ,, the rv was in for a awning replacment and the shop ,, wanted to do a maint ck on the thing ,, for a fee ,, but the customer asked why ,, and the service writer told them , it was to find any probs they might have ,, and i agree with that ,, but i know what they were thinking ,, they wanted to increase the bottom line ,, which i have no prob with that ,, but ,, don;t make up stuff to sell ,, it 's not the way to make for good business ,, if u see something simple ,, fix it ,, and no charge ,, that is a way to keep a customer ,, But that is MO :approve: :approve: :approve:

Shadow

I just hope when we break down or need service we're at the beach. If not I'll have Good Sam's tow me there then I'll call Rod.

utmtman

Bummers Hollis, glad our good friend Rod could help you. I know its cold up there in SD and hope your managing right now with the furnace out.

DL Rupper

Good luck on the repairs Hollis. Hope Rod can come through. Great to know we still have good people out there trying to help. With the RV business and the the economy tanking it's good to know we still have friends on the forum that are willing to assist. :)