Gulf Coast??

Shadow

Gulf Coast??

Chelse, if you come to Texas be sure to stop by. We could do a little fishing, or let that 68 out of the barn and see what it will do. :bleh:

C Nash

Gulf Coast??

Butch, the 68 I would love to take for a spin but, you don,t want to take me fishing if you want to catch anything. Fish either bite the day before or after i go :angry: yall still wear them six shooters out there :laugh:

JerryH

Gulf Coast??

I highly recommend the Alamo Rose RV Park in Alamo, TX (just east of McAllen). A great park with paved streets, large sites and lots of activities. The wind is not a problem like the coastal region. The area really caters to snowbirds with lots of restaurant discounts, appreciation days, etc.
Jerry

Shadow

Gulf Coast??

Yea Chelse we still got some cowboys over here,think their up around the Dallas area. :laugh: Keep your eyes to the south. Looks like your going to get the first depression of the year.

C Nash

Gulf Coast??

What you talking about "first depression of the year" Butch. I've been depressed all year :laugh: . They are saying we might get a lot of rain here in the TRUE center of Alabama this weekend but, our weather guys just can't seem to get it right lately. Been calling for storms and rain all week and the only rain drops I have seen is SWEAT. Muggy and hot. Been helping the son in his shop some and just can't stand the heat anymore. He has to crank the race car just to wake me up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shadow

Gulf Coast??

So I guess asking you to help me bale hay this weekend is out of the question.

C Nash

Gulf Coast??

Been there and done that Butch. I broke out in a sweat just reading about that baling hay but, guess you have all this modern airconditioned equipment with tvs and stereo :eek: . :laugh: Do you round bale or square :question: . Wish I could still do it but, those days or gone :( Really enjoyed those early days of in the field all day, no shirt, no cares and listening to that old John Deere :approve:

Shadow

Gulf Coast??

No a/c here Chelse, inlaw uses a old international with a bimi top to help keep a little sun off him. Not doing me much good, I'm on the trailer stacking :cool: . Was going to put a hitch on that chevelle and let you drive,but don't think I would be able to keep up! :bleh: Think I'll go fishing today,hear they were biting yesterday. Best day will be tomorrow while were baling. ;)

SnowbirdInFlight

Gulf Coast??

Winters in Rio Grande Valley are just as warm as Florida. Still have palm trees, and if you go to one of the islands, still have the GOM. Plus you get to shop IN Mexico! If you like Golfing, they have tons of that too, plus lots of flea markets to attend. It's just an all-round better place for snowbirds than Florida! :)

Check out this site for more info:
http://wintertexans.com/

SnowbirdInFlight

Gulf Coast??

Winters in Texas are just as warm as in Florida. Plus you still get the palm trees. If you want the Gulf of Mexico you can stay at Padre Island or one of the other islands and get the added advantage of getting to actually shop IN Mexico. The people are friendly and treat you alot better than they do in Florida. They have plenty of Golf for those who like that and plenty of flea markets for those who like that type of thing. We loved it!

Go here for more info:

http://wintertexans.com/

DL Rupper

Gulf Coast??

Stayed at the Admiralty Rv in San Antonio, Tx and it was great. Also stayed in Rio Grande Valley at the American RV, Mission, Tx, 2 years ago. It was ok, but all the Freeways and frontage roads were torn up with construction. Should be complete by now. Had a little culture shock when all the annoucements in Wal-Mart were in Spanish.

blantonfamily

Gulf Coast??

you know guys whats upo? we have been camping at gulf shores all summer! sure the state park campground is still screwed but island retreat campground is wonderful. and the crowds are just as big as ever. :8ball:

tepetapan

Gulf Coast??

Why not try the Mexican Gulf Coast? Tepetapan Hotel & RV Park, in Catemaco, Veracruz is a great place to spend some time.

DL Rupper

Gulf Coast??

Hey tepetapan, no offense, but we don't have the cajones to go South of the border without a armored Hummer with machinegun mounted on top.

hertig

Gulf Coast??

And if you do go south of the border with even just 1 round of .22 ammo, you will get free accommodations in one of Mexico's finer jails...

DL Rupper

Gulf Coast??

Hey John, that was the point :approve: . I don't intend to go South of the border, because I can't take a Hummer with machinegun mounted on top :( . Last I heard even the new police chief in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico only lasted 6 hrs before being gunned down by the cartels :angry: . Last count 40 Americans missing in Nuevo Laredo :eek: . Doen't sound like a fun place to visit.

DL Rupper

Gulf Coast??

Where to this year? We were going to go to Biloxi, Ms for a couple of months this fall and winter. I wonder with all the RV's FEMA is procuring for the evacuees of Katrina if there will be much room at any RV parks in Florida or Texas this winter. I really feel sorry for all the people impacted by Katrina, but I am wondering what the total impact to the Gulf Coast area will be. It could drastically change the snowbird RV situation for the next few years.

cybercelt

Gulf Coast??

I believe the RVs/mobile homes are temporary housing and will be setup on specific sites. I do not think that most of the people receiving these homes will have the wherewithal to pull them around the country.

alwarner

Gulf Coast??

We spent the winter of 2003 at Mission TX. At a real nice park. ( 5 star ). The one thing we both didn't like was the wind 20 - 30 mph every day ! The price was right though. The cost for 3 1/2 months in TX. IS THE COST OF ONE IN MONTH FL. around Sasrasota FL.I know we were there in 2004. Going back this year and paying the high dollar. But if we were ever going back to the RIO-GRAND VALLEY I would stay around HARLIGTEN. It's kind of close to everything. In TEX. you don't have to worry about your awning because it's NEVER OUT.