Gulf Stream 5th Wheel

Discussion in 'Towables' started by Tentman, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Tentman

Tentman New Member

We currently own a real great 2008 Sunset Creek by Sunny Brook 279 RB. SunnyBrook seems to make a real fine TT. We never had a problem yet. We are currently looking at Gulf Streams [over the Internet] and are interested in the Canyon Trail 27 FRES and the Mako 33 FSBI. Pretty much a similar floor plan. My question is which is the higher end model and why. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Re: Gulf Stream 5th Wheel

Welcome to the forum, Jerry!

The expert on SunnyBrook is Kenneth at Grandview Trailer Sales. He's probably out camping, but he'll pop in here by Monday. You'll want to wait and hear what he has to say.

He's in Bedford, Virginia if that's close to you.

3. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Hey Jerry, Tex is so right about Ken. If you like you can email him directly. Just look in General RV section under Meet and Greet you will find him there. His company is GRAND VIEW TRAILER SALES. He is one heck of a nice guy and very honest.

4. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Jerry,
    The Mako and Canyon Trail are the same trailer. Exactly the same, exept for the decals on the outside. Like Chev. and GMC trucks.

If I can help you anymore, let me know. I can get you a Canyon Trail or Mako, and would be glad to trade in your Sunset Creek.

5. jetboat

jetboat New Member

Just my opinion,gulfstream lower/mid range trailers just suck!the frame on ours seperated from the sides under warranty.The dealer contactated gulfstream,there responce,put new siding,but wont fix the frame,get a lawyer if you want it fixed. And this was within the first 6 mounths.Traded it for a mid level trailer,and felt bad in trading this junk.Like i said,this is my opinion,and theres probley alot of good models out there,just not for us.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

OH HELL ,, this one is not gonna go over well ,, but as said ,, JMO :)

7. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Well we all know that all makes have problems. Would want to know more about why the seperation? Was it a flaw in the installation or design? Hard to believe that GS would advise someone to get a lawyer. Know it hurts to pay dollars for rv and then have it fail in 6 months if it has been used as intended. Mfg should bend over backwards to please. Steve's is the first compliant I have heard on GS but I am sure there are more. Would like more info Steve on how this happened. Did you trade it on another GS just a higher end model? Most lower or entra models do have to cut corners to compete IMO.

8. jetboat

jetboat New Member

In short,the front side seperated from the front and top.Spent 42 years in construction with a arch'l backround,and know when a walls broke.We went around and around with GS but they said frames ''NEVER''seperate! yes they do when the sidings of and theres no staples/nails holding the corner.Even took lots of pictures,responce! get a lawyer,not there fault.So we went and traded it as good as the dealer could fix it,and nothing back from GS.This happened 5 years ago,so when i see another GS sometimes i ask them about theres,be suprised what some say.And yes,theres good and bad in anthing,we just got the worst.

9. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Never say never IMO. We or most of us could accept things going wrong on rvs but expect the mfg to step up to the plate when things happen. Maybe it was made of a friday and the worker quit before stapleing the corner and came back monday not know where he was :laugh: If you still have the pictures I would like to see them.

10. brodavid

brodavid Senior Member

there is at least one lemon in the grocery store, the rest of the stock is good , you happen to get the only lemon that GS had, at least you traded and got back into RVing,

11. Grandview Trailer Sa

I would like to know the NAME of the trailer...and see the pictures...I have been a Gulf Stream dealer for 8 years..never heard of what your saying, and I have seen a lot.

12. jetboat

jetboat New Member

The trailer was a kinsport by gulfstream,and the dealer was '' FUNTIME '' in cleburn texas.Neither wanted to do what was right,just to get buy,withn that mounth it was traded.Gulf stream just made a bad trailer,and mr. smith at gulf stream didnt step up to the plate,just a lot fo BS talk.Theres alot of pleased owners fo gulf stream products,but i'am not one. And the kinsport model is the lowest level they sell i think,bad mistake all the way around.So kenneth,this was like they say the spoiled lemon in the pile.That trailer was number 3,and were now on number 6,a 35' there slide 5th,and other than some minor hick-ups,alls well.Sounds like yor the dealer that steps up!in my opinion,fintime and there staff,are lower than cxxp!.

13. Grandview Trailer Sa

Your right that Kingsport is an entry level trailer, but I have never seen Gulf Stream not take care of what they sell. I have met some of the folks from Funtime, but don't KNOW them. Sorry you had problems.

I have seen Gulf Stream fix trailers out of warranty and do things I did not think they would, but then Mr. Smith and I are friends.