Happy Birthday USMC

ARCHER

Happy Birthday to the good ole USMC today. I graduated from Paris Island on Nov 10, 1966. Seems like yesterday. Was in for almost 4 years....got out 2 months early coming back from Nam. I'll always be a MARINE. Heck, I even got married in Dress Blues.
Anyhow.......Semper Fi! :)

H2H1

Re: Happy Birthday USMC

well happy marine birthday Archer, as one VN vet (Army) to another, glad you made it home. :laugh: :cool:

CharlieS

Semper Fi

Once a Marine always a Marine!

I guess I'm allowed to say that - USN 1963 - 1987..

Happy Birthday!

Guys like you and Hollis had it tough. I was on the Enterprise and we thought it was tough when sometimes we would go for days without mail or fresh milk. :)

H2H1

Well Charlie I don't know Archer MOS, but being a K9 handler I always walk point on all mission and yes it was tough. But not as tough as you, can't imagine being without milk :laugh: . JK, I think that all those who served had it bad no matter which of service you served.

ARCHER

Hollis, 6511....Aviation Ord (bombs, rockets, napalm, etc.). Helicopters in Nam, Huey and Huey Cobra....Marble Mountain, DaNang and a few other small bases there. Anyhow, sure glad most of us made it home back then.......still have never been able to go to the Wall in DC. God Bless all of our past and present soldiers and keep them safe......Give their families strength. ;)

goldhouma

Happy birthday
Our daughter and son-in- law are in the Air Force, she is in Japan and he is in Iraq.

H2H1

Well I just found out that today is the BIRTHDAY OF THE MARINE CORP. I also have a son the the Air Force. My MOS was 11B, LIGHT INFANTRY., My base was CU CHI and I was attached to the 25th INF. BTW Archer we are planning on going to Washington DC this Spring and I will go to WALL.

CharlieS

I lived in the DC area for 20+ years.

I went to the wall once and felt like I could not breathe. It felt like it was a heavy weight on me. I don't think I can go back.

G

well i must put my 3 cents in ,, i have never been in the military,, but worked for the gov that helped them out ,, anyway ,, my dad was a marine ,, in wwII ,, and seen alot of combat ,, so Happy Birthday USMC

cwishert

Well my Dad is a Marine and I am thankful daily for all the men and women who serve our country faithfully without fail. My father unfortunately was wounded in Korea at age 17 and has been a partial parapalegic for the better part of his life. But he would stand beside them still if he could. Semper Fi. Happy Birthday USMC!

H2H1

Well no only are we celebrating the Marines birthday, but today is VETERAN DAY, So I ask if you know a veteran call him or her and tell them thank for preserving our freedom. Something we are losing every day......SO HAPPY VETERAN DAY TO ALL VETERAN

ARCHER

Thanks Hollis. Hit the nail on the head. God Bless them all. You may have seen it on the news (if it hit National), but Melbourne, Florida decided to NOT CELEBRATE VETERANS DAY. The city mgmt stated it costs too much overtime in the budget, because of people being off on Veterans Day. They also canceled President's Day. They are taking a lot of heat today from Vet Clubs......and no doubt. Said they would take it up again next spring when the next budget was gonna be debated. What is our country coming too?