Has anyone used rvwholesalers.com?

EricCharlton

I bought my 5th wheel through them. They were very helpful in setting up the sale, but are ignoring me now. Does anyone else have experience with them?

LEN

Explain as to what why how they are ignoring you. You do realize they by the nature of the beast have a very narrow profit margin and therefore rely on you to do some of the things a high cost high volume dealer would attend to.

LEN

EricCharlton

LEN;83905 said:
Explain as to what why how they are ignoring you. You do realize they by the nature of the beast have a very narrow profit margin and therefore rely on you to do some of the things a high cost high volume dealer would attend to.

LEN

I have warranty issues that need to be addressed. We've emailed them multiple times with no response. When we finally do get their warranty guy on the line, he tells us he will "get back to us shortly" and then we don't hear from him again until WE call HIM. There are other small problems we have with them, but their lack of communication is the big one.

Out of curiosity, what am I expected to do that a dealer would normally attend to? This is my first time doing the RV thing.

H2H1

Do you have a written warranty contract? If so don't call or email them go straight to the owner or the head person in charge. Tell him/her your problem and you want them fixed ASAP. I f you still get the run around tell them WHILE you are leaving you are going to see your attorney and file a law suit. DON'T JUST SAY IT--DO IT. They probably hear that all the time but how many time have they been sued. I wish you luck. Be sure to write a review of this dealership so others will stay away from them.

LEN

Not defending them but. You went for a low ball, time cost $$$$. Now is the Warranty theirs or with the manufacturer? And again the small items, if you can do yourself, it may save time and be a learning time for you to know the systems and ins and outs of your RV. You will be doing the small items all the time, just the way it is as the RV's take a beating going down the road. Now if it's their warranty and they are giving you trouble go like H2H1 above is stating.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Usually, RV Wholesalers does not have the inventory they sell. As they sell a trailer they will order it and sometimes never see it. They have drivers pick them up at the manufacture and go straight to the customer. The trailers are not prepped, cleaned, inspected, filled with LP or any other things most dealers do. They make very little on the sale, but don't have any costs associated with it either. They sell a lot because people get sucked in. RV Wholesalers rely on the manufactures network of dealers to do the warranty or any other work to be done.

Reputable dealers, like I try to be, don't especially like this thinking. We have our own customers that we have to take care of, and yes I take care of MY customers first. I can be VERY competitive and I do take several deals away from them yearly but usually you will pay more from an average dealer. You do get more for your money. For one thing, you get service after the sale.

rjf7g

I did my research and got a great deal and an even better dealer in Grandview Trailer Sa - he and his wife met me at their store one Sunday because of my work schedule. We came back two weeks later and ordered a unit from him and have been happy with the camper and his service. Sorry things haven't worked out for you. Perhaps you should call the manufacturer and get them to put some pressure on rvwholesalers.com -