heading out to SD

H2H1

Well the six months wait is over, we will be pulling out in the morning heading to SD. We will pass thru Nashville on up ST LOUIS ,Kansas City Mo to SIOUX CITY ID, then we will just follow our nose. We will stop at the Corn Palace and WALLS . From there we will head to the KOA in Rapid City SD. We should be pulling in there on the 6 June.

DL Rupper

Re: heading out to SD

Hey Hollis, if you have time, try to take a side trip over to the Devils Tower Natl Monument in WY. It's fun to see. Have a fun and safe trip.

H2H1

hey DL we are planning that side trip. I forgot to add that part. As of now we are in Sioux Fall SD. at a KOA. We will head up to Mitchell to see the corn palace. It seem we have a little extra time on our hands as we got here sooner that expected, so we will take in as much as we can beyond what we have planned..HAVING FUN..... :laugh:

LEN

On your way the bad lands state area 60 or so miles east of Rapid City and the motor home and toad are no problem.Be sure to head from Rushmore to Crazy Horse and then head to the needles and Custer State park with the pig tail bridge. Go from west to east through the needles WITH THE TOAD as there are a bunch of tunnels that look at Rushmore through the tunnels going the west to east route. Stop at the Lake Sylvia lodge and walk around or have a bite to eat, was great last time there. At lake Sylvia is a great pic-nick area and if you look close I think this is part in the movie National Treasure II.There is also a state park 20 or so miles SE of Rushmore that has a bunch od wild donkeys. Then there is always the train to Deadwood for a day. Have fun

LEN

H2H1

REST ASSURE WE ARE NOT,I REPEAT WE ARE NOT GOING TO NEEDLE WITH THE MH!!!!! But thanks for the info Len I have checked the tunnels out a long time back. As of now we are in Belvidere East KOA in Midland SD. WE WILL TAKE IN THE 1880 town tomorrow and then move on down to Bad Land and Walls to visit Walls Drug. WE just making the rounds here before we head to Rapid City SD. Our reservation starts on the 30th of May. we would like to say thanks to all who added great suggestions and we are looking into some of them, like Devils Tower as DL has suggested.

C Nash

Woops, I mean on the road. Guess I had Rod on my mine as I need his advice. :laugh:

H2H1

hey Nash I need him to since he works for free. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I guess is on his way home now. He been in MB for 10 days so his time is up and he got to go back to work. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*scooter*

It might be too late now, but wave to my aunt (Jessie Mae) in Mitchell as you go by. Livin' in the same house my dad was born in, in 1918.
Have a great trip. :bleh: ;)

C Nash

Hollis just tell Rod you are at the beach and he will be there. I need to pick his brain about a rear end in a diesel MH. Need to find one or a place that will repair them

C Nash

Did you see the corn palace Hollis. We missed it on our last trip that way because it was so hot we were afraid the palace might start poping :laugh:

H2H1

oh yeah, Nash we made the stop at the palace, out last stop was the 1880 town. today May 18 we are going to the minute men missile site. we will be staying here in the bad land one more night. Out reservation isn't till the 30 MAY at Rapid City, SO WE ARE TAKING IN AS MUCH AS WE CAN, :cool: :laugh:

H2H1

NASH, he was telling us that last night on the chat line that he got an email from you. I hope the rear end isn't on your MH. any way good luck with the repairs

C Nash

Nope not on mine Hollis. Son is working on a 95 Monnaco diesel with a stripped ring gear, pinion. Just trying to help him locate one. We don't have any specs on lash or preload so don't want to tackle repair. We have it out but no one around here will replace the gear and pinion.