Hello All

Xrider

Hello everyone, new to the forum and relatively new to RV'ing. My Dad passed down his old 82' Pace Arrow to me a few years ago and I spent 1 year and a lot of elbow grease fixing it up. My wife and I had a great time hitting all of the lakes & fishing spots in Northern Calif in that old bus. After she retired we decided we wanted to make some longer trips, and I didn't trust that 454/T400 combo to stand up to long hauls so I gave it to our Son. Upshot of a lot of looking was we picked up a 2002 Jamboree Rallye 29V in almost new condition for a song from a lady who had lost her husband and was getting rid of everything to move to Florida. Getting it ready for a trip back East this June. Had to add a few things like Solar, inverter, jacks, backup cam, transfer switch, satellite Tv and the like.
Soooo, a little about us, I am a retired Army MSGT and also retired LEO, my wife retired from the city after 25 years. She is the very best thing to ever happen to me, and I make sure she knows it. I have extensive experience in electrical/mechanical fuel systems from my time as a crew chief in aviation so I do all of my own work on the rig. After the Army I went into Law Enforcement where I met my Wife. I have been fully retired for 3 years now. We want to spend the next 2 or 3 years seeing some of the country so we might bump into some of you on the road. Trying to plan a swing by the Fleetwood Rally in Wyoming in late June as we will headed that way. Happy Rv'ing to you.

Jesse

vanole

Re: Hello All

Xrider (Jesse),

Welcome aboard. Retired Navy (32 years). See you have an Army aviation background and that sholud help you out a bit tinkering around your rig. There are quite a few vets and prior military types on here. Though I have never met any of them nor any of the other fine people on this forum it is a nice friendly place. If you get out Virginia way I have one on ice for you.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff
S*M*A*R*T 12508
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

cwishert

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are getting ready for an exciting time in your lives. I hope the road takes you to many exciting and wonderful places. And like Jeff said about Virginia, if you are ever in South East Texas there are a few of us that live in this area you could look up. I have not met anyone else on here yet but I am very close to meeting Shadow. He lives only about 45 miles away from me and one day our paths will cross. I know people who know him and my daughter lives not too far from him and his wife. Anyway there is a lot of good people on the forum and they have a multitude of information. If you ever need help they are always willing to try to help. :)

rjf7g

Jesse-
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. vanole and I are both in Virginia as is Ken (Grandview Trailer Sales), so stop by any time!

Shadow

Welcome to the forum Jesse. As you can see everyone here is friendly and very helpful. Hope to get to meet them all some day.

Hey Carol, you think he would have a better chance of meeting us in that state you have colored purple on your map.
:laugh: :eek:

cwishert

You are so right Butch! Any one who wants to actually see us would probably have a better chance in SW Louisiana. :clown: Unfortunately we seem to just miss each other. Of course we may have actually been at the same place at the same time but how would we know? :question: :bleh: :eek: