help buying a used class 1 motoehome

pogiebait

i'm buying a used class-1 motorhome this year and don't want to spend over $30,000. would it be better to get a newer gas or older dp thanks bill

LEN

Re: help buying a used class 1 motoehome

My $$$ would be on a DP But look for the best YOU want for the $$$. You can find great used coachs just don't be in a big rush. In an older coach inspection is the key and expect to spend some after you have purchased.

LEN

Triple E

If you go for a diesel, be sure to have an oil analysis done before paying out the cash. Also check the antifreeze. If you find that the engine has gas engine antifreeze make them flush the engine and refill with diesel anti-freeze.

Let us know what you do. :)

C Nash

Can you find a decent diesel pusher for under 30k? Would think maybe a gasser in this price range. JMO

nifty9

RE: help buying a used class 1 motoehome

Hello Bill the choice is not an easy one with a budget under $30,000 if you can do maintance and find a well looked after unit that has newer tires and batteries this will save you about$3500 replace all fluied and fillters {gas or diesel}If you have little or no rv expereance have it checked buy a person with knowledge if buying privite.You will find a newer year in gas may even have a slide or two.Will you be towing more than a small car than i would go diesel.Hope you find a nice rv and enjoy your time on the road and Do Not Go Without Rv Insurance on an older Rv .

2002 40ft Dutchstar 350hp
01 dodge dually diesel
59 chev short box
31 model A chopped coupe