Hi, guys how are things back at the forum?

It's been around two years since I first showed up here looking for advice on living on the road. It's been so long all our original conversations are in the archives. Too bad, a lot of good information in there.

Anyway, we're doing fine full-timing. I even had time to peck out a book about our adventures so far.

Amazing what you can learn just out doing it, eh? Took me months to just write it all down and even then I had to leave a lot out.

But I'll never forget we got our start here. You guys helped me figure out which truck to get (F-350 turbodiesel) and helped us make the choice between a Class A and fiver for our first time out. I'm really glad we listened to that. You really should get some experience under your belt before you jump into a Class A. Lot more maintenance and you have to know how to manage it.

Anyway, just wanted to drop back in and say thanks again. Hope everyone is doing well out on the road.

C Nash

Good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger. We are still on the road and enjoying ever minute of it. Wish we had written down all our adventures but just can't find the time. You got the maintance thing right. Got a list I have got to get done soon but no different than a stick built home. If you use it it will break. Expect things to happen and you want be dissapointed. LOL Durn, we will have to be back In April for a grandson wedding and May for family reunion but if gas dont go over 4 will be back out. Does make for shorter trips but amazing what you find just right around the corner. Plenty of sights to see if you hunt and campgrounds a plenty. Our National parks,forrest or awsome.

C Nash

Just an afterthough though. Don't know about trying to sell the book here. Maybe since you got a lot of free advice here you could post it for us to read:applause:

The introduction and first chapter are free. The agreement with the publisher says I can't make it available anywhere else. A lot of what's covered is available here, but it takes a bit of digging.

Part of the reason I wrote it was there were very few places where everything you needed to know was in one spot. But then most people don't jump into full-timing like we did, they go from seasonal traveling to full-time. That's a lot less of an adjustment when you're used to being gone months at a time. You already have your kit and your "road routine".

It's rare to ever hear anyone say they're going home because they're tired of living in the camper. They're going home for the house, or the grand kids, or because someone is getting married. The park manager here is leaving next month because they've been here six years and want to see other parts of the country.

Definitely an interesting lifestyle. Once you're there, then going back to a house is the farthest thing from your mind.

Triple E

Two years, how time flies. You have great reviews on Amazon.com. I don't have a Kindle so guess I won't be able to read it. As Nash said, don't be a stranger. Let us know where you are at what you are doing besides writing a second book. Which is what your readers want you to do. Congratulations.

Wow, you have a Triple E, those are nice rigs. Lots of power. Would that be the 40 foot pusher model?

I also didn't know you could flat tow an Escape Hybrid. Did you add a Remco lube pump to the hybrids or do you just hook up and go?

The most common tow vehicle we see is the Jeep Liberty. Some places in the park look like a Jeep showroom.

Triple E

No I have the 37 foot and yes I like it. The only thing I have to do with my Escape is hook it up, turn the key to the second position and drive off. Did not have to add anything except the diode's for the tail lights. :applause: