high humidity reading in RV...

C Nash

Re: high humidity reading in RV...

First figure out where all the humidity is coming from. Lot of things you can do to elimitate some of it. Do you run the exhaust when showering? Cooking sent a lot of steam. What about wet towels? Dehumidfier will help. You can also use a product I think is called damp rid or something like that.

brodavid

I gree with you Chelse, find the problem then solve it,
damp rid works and there other products that can work also, check GTS website and look in his store, you can order from them and they will ship

vanole

Don't forget you fantastic fan if your unit is so equipped. Damprid works cheapest place I have found it is Home Depot. Dri-z-air also works. A dehumidifier will work just remember to dump the catch pan.

Jeff

BAdkins

RE: high humidity reading in RV...

seems to be coming from the AC unit when the conpressor cuts off...can go from 38% up to 75%...goes back down when compressor comes on again...is this normal?

trailer is 7 months old...20ft

C Nash

Ben, think I would check the humidity meter. The ac will remove moisture but you should not have that much difference if you are just talking about when the compressor cycles on and off.JMO

Kirk

It is normal for the air conditioner to lower the humidity as the moisture condenses on the cooling coils and then drains out on to the roof of the RV or under it if using basement air. That is the reason that all air conditioners have some type of drain system, even in homes and offices. But the air conditioner is not likely to be causing it as that would have to mean a very unique condition.

I have never heard of humidity changing that rapidly. It would normally take several hours for enough change to take place to have that kind of impact. Like Chelse, I suspect whatever device you are using to check humidity with. A humidifier will lower the inside humidity but not rapidly and it will have to circulate the are through the RV for it to have a lot of impact.

Have you monitored the outside humidity to know what it is doing? It is very often the major cause of humidity in an RV in the summer when the RV is open a significant part of the time.

BAdkins

the meter is not the problem..is stable when used in any other location...humidity will rise within 10 mins of compressor shutting off...say we cool the room for 15 mins..the humidity reading will be down to 50%..at 72 degrees\outside humidty 60%...within the next 10 mins the temp will still be 72 degrees but the humidity will be 80%...I 1st noticed this while I was sleping...and woke up sweating....put meter next the vent on ac unit...seems to be putting humidty back into the air...

Ben 972 998 4419

C Nash

Ben hard to figure this. Guess it's your sweat :laugh: ;) . Don't understand why the humidity is higher than outside. You have to have a lot of moisture in the rv for some reason. Wet towels,clothes, carpets or just a lot of cooking.

Shorty

You said the the compressor kicks on or off...it's just a thought, but is the fan still on pulling in outside air?