Hitch installation on a bed liner

Chocolat49

Hello,

I am a new member. I searched on the forum if there was information on the installation of a hitch in the box of a pickup. I want to know if it's mandatory to cut the bed liner to install a Hitch in USA. I looked on the web and I have found nothing.

Thank you!

H2H1

i don't think so, but since I don't own a 5er I would not know. But pm Ken at Grand View Trailer sales , I know he will have the correct answer for you.

toyzrus

YES you must have your rails right down on the bed of the truck so the rails stay tight to the bed, with the liner you will not get the rails tight (Very Dangerous)

JCZ

H2H1;82909 said:
SEE I told you I didn't know. SO glad some else made it in to tell u the truth

Hollis, he mentioned a hitch in the bed of his truck. I assume he's referring to a 5th wheel hitch.

Chocolate49, I don't have the plastic bed liner nor the Bed Rug type bed liner but I do have the heavy duty rubber bed mat. My instincts told me that with that much weight on the hitch when hooked up, it better be metal to metal and tight....so I cut my rubber bed mat to go around the hitch mount after it was installed.

I believe anything other than spray on bed liner would be a recepie for quick disaster if not removed before installation of the hitch.