Homeward Bound

akjimny

Well, summer in Alaska is starting to wind down and it's time to get everything ready to hit the ALCAN back to the "Lower 48." We plan on leaving on September 1st, do a little sight seeing enroute, and be back home in Florida in time for the Boss Lady's doctor appointments.

After the nice, cool summer we've had up here, I'm not really looking forward to the heat and humidity. But I'm not looking forward to a cold and snowy winter, either. So it's "Hi Ho, Hi Ho and down the road I go."

I will post during the trip, if anyone's interested. Hopefully the trip back won't be as expensive and stressful as the trip up. We'll see ;) ;)

Ryan41

RE: Homeward Bound

least you had a great holiday Jim with your Boss Lady but its good to go back home to then plan your next trip.
if you dont mind me asking, how long is it going to take to get to Florida?

akjimny

Re: Homeward Bound

I try to keep each day's travel to around 300 miles, going from one city to another so we have established campgrounds to stay in. I need the full hookups due to Boss lady's medical requirements. The trip will be 16 or so travel days with a couple of extra days thrown in for sightseeing. The last leg is the longest, but that's home and all familiar territory. I'm just hoping for a "mechanical incident" free trip :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

akjimny

Loading up today - get the tow dolly tonight - hit the road tomorrow ! ! I'm not really looking forward to the heat down in Florida, but I feel a need to get over the Canadian Rockies before the snow starts falling. Wish me luck ! ! :laugh: :laugh:

akjimny

Thanks Ken. I would be more than happy to come join you all at the M&G but I have a long-standing prior commitment for that date. My motorcycle club has an event scheduled the first weekend in October every year. If you all do another M&G next year, I'll do my best to attend.