Honda Fit a good towing vehicle?

willbill

Just purchased a Diesel pusher and need advice on towing cars and tow bars. Does the Honda Fit make a good towing vehicle. I have a 2009 Fit but was looking at a 4 door wrangler too. I think the Fit will be ok, but worry about clearance. It's pretty low to the ground.
On the tow bar I am leaning towards the Blue OX. Seems to be easy to use,and little hardware showing on towing vehicle. If any one out there tows a Fit please advise, I am brand new RVer Thanks!! Will :)

C Nash

Re: Honda Fit a good towing vehicle?

Hope you found some useful info at the site. Seems to be some confusion on towing the Fit. I would go with what the manual says for that year.

Kirk

Re: Honda Fit a good towing vehicle?

Will,
Like the CR-V, the Fit is towable with either transmission, as long as you follow the directions in your owner's manual. I can't address the clearance of the Fit as we are towing our second CR-V, but we do see them on the road fairly frequently. I do think that with Blue Ox you are making an excellent choice of base-plate and tow-bar. We have used them for a long time with great success.

I suggest that you also get one of the more simple brake systems for your Fit for safety reasons. We use a Brake Buddy because we do not need brakes on the towd under normal stopping conditions, and we keep it set up to go into the ABS system for the brake when it does apply. In an emergency stop, even with a vehicle as light as the Fit you will stop in significantly less distance if the Fit has brakes applied.

sclevall

RE: Honda Fit a good towing vehicle?

I tow a Honda and a TJ both tow great, John C

96 Safari Coach 36
2005 TJ