Honda Generators

KingGeorge

I have a newer travel trailer with roof A/C, a DVD player, and 26" flat screen tv. My 2200 watt Honda Generator (which I have had for some time) runs everything just fine except the A/C. I am looking at upgrading to a new generator(s) to handle all my needs, which will be the A/C, DVD, and TV all at one time.
Now, every Salesmen I encounter is trying to push something off on me, but the bottom line is, when I ask the big question "Will it Run everything at once" and they tell me "It should". Which is not what I want to hear.
What I am looking at is a Honda EU3000IS, or (2) EU2000I's. But I want to make sure I am getting enough power to run all my gadgets. I kinda like the idea of 2 2000 watt generators, because I would only Parallel them June-September where I live. The rest of the time I feel 1 would be sufficient.
Now money isn't really all that important, but important enough that I want to make sure what I buy will do what I need it to. I don't want to be selling them on E-bay 2 days after I buy it (them).
What I am looking at is, while the family is in watching a movie, and the A/C kicks on, I want something to run everything smoothly.
I would like someone who knows first hand what will work, and if I am maybe needing to go to an even larger generator, or any recomendations.
I do not camp at Rv parks, A/C btu is approximately 13,500. Elevation is around 5000-6500 feet. Thanks ahead of time for your help....KingG

TexasClodhopper

Re: Honda Generators

Well, I'm SherlockHolmes and I found out your real name is Dave! :clown:

Welcome to the forum, Dave!

Dave, don't forget to search here on the forum for past posts on this topic. You might learn something besides what you'll hear in the following posts.

I think your logic in getting 2 generators is solid for the reasons you specify.

Grandview Trailer Sa

The main drawback to (2) 2000 Generators, either by Honda or Kipor is the run time because of the size of the gas tank. You are limited to about 6 hours, depending on the load. With a 3000, Honda says you have up to 20 hours of runtime on a tank. I have personally run my 19 hours. My cousin has run his Kipor 19 also.

The big PLUS is the weight. They weigh about what a suitcase weighs, so handling them is easy. AHonda3000 weighs about136 pounds. Also with 2 in parallel, you have 4,000 watts of power, which WILL run everything in your trailer. My 3000 Honda will run my AC, TV, coffee maker and some more, but when my wife hits the curling iron and hair dryer, we have overloaded it a few times.

rjf7g

I rigged up a 6 gallon marine tank to supplement the 1 gallon on-board tank with my EU2000i. It works like a champ!

KingGeorge

Thanks so much to all of you for the great replies. There is a great group of Rv'ers in here. I am fortunate to have found this site. Thanks again to all of you for your informative information. Cheers to you all! TexasClodHopper howd you do that? ;)

KingGeorge

So it looks like you did away with the original tank on the Honda and piped the 6 gallon tank into the carb?

rjf7g

I bought another Honda generator gas cap, knocked out the vent in the center, and drilled the hole wider. I simply feed the gas line in to the fuel tank. I hope this helps!