Horrible Thought

akjimny

Lying there in bed this morning and had a terrible thought - I need to get to winterizing the motorhome. I know it's only the end of August and you folks down in the Lower 48 are still having a heat wave, but up here in Alaska it's been getting down into the 40's at night - and not getting really warm during the day.

What with the remodelling going on with the new sticks-and-bricks, Boss Lady and I have not had any time to go camping or fishing or anything else fun and exciting. The motorhome is parked on the front lawn at the new house, waiting for the double gateto be installed in the back fence so I can pull it into the back yard.

But since we aren't using it, I better get busy and get it taken care of before Jack Frost gets here. Sometimes it's just no fun to be me.:(:(

Boyde31

That has to be the real disadvantage of living in Alaska. I'm sure it doesn't stay warm for very many months out of the year. I still ahve 2 or 3 months at least that I can go out in the RV.

RanCarr

Gee... you've been really busy. Why not take a weekend off and you and DW go camping? Then when you get back... start the winterizing.

We go camping until the middle of Oct, then winterize. Then come the last week of Dec, we de-winterize and head for FL for 3 months. :)

dfedora

Up north of Fairbanks this morning it was 26 Degrees with 1/4" of ice in the puddles. Warmed up to 72 in full sun today what a swing.

G

that is making me want get out my Carharts ,, it is bad enough for me dealing with the 50 degree lows ,, infact i had to scrap frost off my vehicle in tha garage before i could move it out this morning ,,, LOL ,, just kidding u all ,, but 50 is not my kinda lows ,,, 70's yes ,, but 50's no WAY

akjimny

Well, it is State Fair Week - which generally means 8 straight days of rain. But Winter is coming - sooner than I'd like. Hopefully we'll be in the new/old house and out of the sis-in-law's place before the snow flys. On a positive note - I got my gate installed in my back fence so now I can pull the motorhome directly into the back yard. Probably gonna tick off my back yard neighbor who used to park where my gate is now. But motorhome trumps Saturn.:excitement::excitement:

H2H1

sorry to here that Jimmy, we are still pushing high 80's and some times in th 90's. BUT I am waiting on fall, we are going to the Blue Ridge Park Way and ride it all the way. I will not betaking the MH due to some low tunnels, but hey we are out. we will stop off at Ken's and see how he and Linda area doing. then head on back. We still having a M&G this year, going to be up in VA not for from Richmond. wow looking forward to that. Take caree of the MH, see you on the flip side.