How to open a slide out without electrical power. (can you open manualy ? )

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by Jay Centerbar, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Jay Centerbar

Jay Centerbar Junior Member

Hi All,
    I'm new to this site. I found it as I was trying to find cheap insurance. I just bought a 1998 Winnebago 33WB. I don't have any power to the house
    part of the home. I am having guest here for Christmas and would like to use it for guest.
    How do you open the slider ? Where is the circuit breaker for the back of the home ? I don't have any 12 Volt lighting, furnace, etc. The (2) 6 volt batteries
    are fully charged. I can't find the switch that you can manualy cut the 12 volt power to the home. The battery to the chassis is fine and is
    running perfect, it has 32 k on the odometer.

Thanks in advance
    jay View attachment 164

:confused: View attachment 164

Attached Files:

2. whitey

whitey Member

Jay you should have a switch close to the door that says 12 V. turn it on their.
  3. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

Hello and welcome to RVUSA. Look under the refer, if I remember right, for the 12 volt fuse bus. In the outside storage compartment next to the entry door you will find a small round hole in the back of the compartment. You need to have the hand crank to reach in that hole to crank the slide open. Good Luck.
  4. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Have you tried contacting the former owner. My HR has a manual switch in the rear bay where the batteries are located and an electrical cutoff switch by the entrance door.