Hurricane Coast

DARLING

Re: Hurricane Coast

TC
I'm glad that IKE is taking a more south westerly track away from us in Fla but it looks like it is headed your way. :(

Thanks for the link. Another good link is.... Hurricanecity.com.
Sorry I don't know how to add link. :(

Darlin :cool:

ironart

Hi Darling.......Thanks for the link.....It is easy to add a link...... Just go to the site you want to add and highlight the URL address in the top box..Right click you mouse.....a little box will open and you can left click on COPY.... come back to your letter to the Forum and when you want to add the link just right click again and hit PASTE it should appear on the page just as it was on the original web page... in email you can just write out the url address.......www.hurricanecity.com and it will automatically underline as a link....But I don't know if that works here...???? :(

TexasClodhopper

Actually, Paul, that would be called an 'address'. The forum just turns it into a link if you paste it in by itself. It's OK to do that, but many links are very long and detract from the flow of the post.

A link is more like the one I did above which requires you edit your post in the 'Preview' editor as opposed to this simple editor.

ironart

Paul, You are So Right

I am not familiar with the "Preview" editor....How do you access it ???

ironart

Ah-Ha....It seems that I have answered my own question....By clicking the Reply tab I get to this screen and have noticed the preview button at the bottom.........Thanks Paul for pointing that out.....I will use it in the future.... ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :)

I see lots of other fun stuff in the "Rich Test Editor" Just a few more toys to play with......Love It :) :) :) :)

TexasClodhopper

I usually hate to recommend that because there are so many ways to change a post that the post starts looking like a cartoon. Then we will all have a fun time pointing that out to you! :laugh:

Also, you can change your post editor in your Control Panel by answering 'Yes' or 'No' here:
"Use rich edit box when composing messages?"

I'm afraid we have created a bunch of Edit Monsters! :clown:

H2H1

hey TC caught the weather and it looks like IKE is heading your way. The path being shown by the weather channel is showing you are in the path. TAKE CARE

C Nash

Time to pull out the magic wand Tex :) Keep a close watch all that are in the path as this looks like a bad one. Tex, ya'll turn all them windmills south and blow in on down Mexico way.

cwishert

Yea I planned another trip so you know there had to be another storm. Let's all pray it goes south and takes out some empty land somewhere. I definitely don't wish a storm on anybody but I really don't want it here. We already have plans to be in Concan TX beginning on Friday but hadn't planned on making it an evacuation. Hopefully it will fizzle and die before it gets here. Well lets just pray for the best. :(

TexasClodhopper

Carol, I wouldn't think about going to Concan while they have a hurricane there! :)

It could likely end up raining there as it fizzles out.

Reminds me of the time my parents took off to there for safety! They ended up trapped for a week! :)

Looks like it will go in south of the Houston / Galveston area.

C Nash

Shadow, have you got everthing buckled down? All you Texans watch this thing and dont take any chances if it heads that way. Never can tell which way It'll head once it clears Cuba and gets in the Gulf. Not worth trying to ride it out.

Shadow

Went down after work yesterday and loaded the trailer up and brought it home again. When I left from work the news guys had it coming our way. This morning it looks like south Texas. Oh well, at least I have it here. Shirley told me it seems we have been moving the trailer a lot lately. I said, get used to it, will be moving a lot next year :blah: :)
Keep us posted TC. You seem to have a better idea where these things are going than the news folks!! ;)

TexasClodhopper

Well, you may be glad you moved it before this is over. I'm hoping IKE goes into the King Ranch area way below Corpus Christi. There's less population there.

However, if the high pressure area that is dropping down from the north (and is pushing IKE south) drops too fast, we might see IKE take a turn north right along the coast.

That could put IKE right into land between Matagorda Bay and Galveston Bay.

We can only wait for all of these dance partners to mingle.

DL Rupper

The last track I saw on IKE shows it heading father West than they predicted eariler. Hope it hits a more unpopulated area.

ARCHER

The last I saw about an hour ago, was Ike was headed towards South Padre Island, Brownville, Port Isable or South Texas. Hope it goes further South into Mexico where it is awhole lot less populated on the coast. Stay safe ya'all ;)

cwishert

Right now as of 7:00 pm Texas time it is headed for Matagorda Bay. Everyone start blowing south so it turns around. We haven't had that kind of storm in a lot of years. Don't know if people here will know how to act. We left in 05 but the storm was not a direct hit for us. Don't know what a direct hit will do. We will be leaving one way or another hopefully Ike will take a different path and go to unpopulated areas. :question: :eek: :(

Shadow

Well, looking like I'm ahead of the game. Sure hope it's not a direct hit. Hurricane Claudette was a category 1 when it hit Matagorda. Every thing on the gulf and bay side of the levee took a beating. We are starting to get things at the house ready now. Just incase....