Hurricane Coast

Shadow

Re: Hurricane Coast

Will do Mike, hear anything on how your trailer did? Hope everythings ok!!

C Nash

Our local weather showed it going in Texas and giving rain where there has been a drought but, our local weather is very seldow right :eek: Didn't know any of Texas was in a drought. Thought ya'll had got plently rain lately. Shadow, you might should just bring that Chevelle on over here and leave it for awhile :approve: :laugh:

Shadow

Chelse, we need the rain bad. Real dry where I'm at. Only got one cutting on the hay this year. You want the chevelle, your going to have to come get it :laugh: :laugh: ;) I'll try to post a couple pictures of it when things settle down. :cool:

ARCHER

Butch, I'll find out if the trailer stayed afloat in about a week and a half. RV park owners said it was still standing and the only issue might be if there were any leaks it might have caused some internal damage. Hopefully, no leaks cause it is only a year old. We should be there on the 22nd of this month. take care ;)

TexasClodhopper

I know they are pointing this thing into the Aransas Pass and Rockport area just north of Corpus Christi, but my favorite computer model is still pointing to landfall between Matagorda Bay and Galveston Bay. Maybe a little south of Freeport.

If that is the case, you guys and gals in El Campo and Wharton could get some stinging rain.

No matter where it goes in, it will turn back to the northeast and run up the country that way. All of us will get some rain when it does that.

try2findus

Power is finally back on at our home as of Monday evening. We lost power the afternoon Gustav hit. Baton Rouge took a severe lashing from the hurricane but thankfully only a handful of lives were lost due to falling trees on homes. I am personally very proud of the majority of the people in our state who prepared and planned ahead to be less of a burden on the taxpayers. We had all of our water, tarps, gas and other supplies so we were able to stay off of the roads and let the emergency personnel do their thing. Thanks to all of the volunteers who assisted us in this storm. Good luck and God bless you all during Ike.

TexasClodhopper

I'm glad you all came out OK. I'm sure there's a big mess to clean up. That's what I always hate doing when one of these events passes by.

raskal

News up here looks like you folks down Texas way are in for a very nasty blow over this one!

Wish you all a safe passage through the storm.

rjf7g

Yep...my dad is worried about his sister in Houston, but she's not thinking twice about staying put. She lives in a retirement center, so at least someone will watch out for her.

utmtman

Oh I bet my sister in Dallas is sweating since it says it will head that way after land fall. She has never been in anything outside of rain or snow.

G

lee u and becky tell them both to do what have to feel is safe ,, and don't be afraid to bug out if they need to ,, i my self have set thru some TS and a few tornadoes ,, but i have respect for them ,, and the damage they cause ,, but it's mother nature's way of cleaning the earth out ,, and sorry to say this ,, but there is nothing we can do about it ,, but watch and be smart and safe ,, that is the first concern ,, our lives ,, so too all ,, BE SAFE ,, and this too will pass :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :) :)