Hydogen Fuel Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileage seeker

Re: Hydogen Fuel Revisited

again my back ground is in aviation mantenance...if its got a tech manual..i can fix it..if it doesn't then i'll dis-assemble, backward engineer, and write a manual

G

u sound like some of the auto tech's that i interviewed when i had my auto truck repairs bussiness ,, they can take test ,, all were ASE master tech's ,, but put them to the test ,, they were lost ,, if they did not have a piont to point book to guide them ,,, i grew up making stuff work no matter what ,, if the exact part was not avalible we made it ,, it's called adapt and over come ,, but i woiuld still like too see u tell me how an rv fridge works ,, and without any paper work to tell u how ;) :)

G

yea ,, but how does it make stuff cold ,, the process that is ;)
Bty Norcold is better ,, as is Onan gensets ;)

mileage seeker

honestly the airstream i bought was in pretty excellent shape and I haven't had to do many major repairs other than removing the old cabnitry in the galley area and building new shelves and cabinets. The old ones have what I think are called Tambour doors which were in bad repair.

mileage seeker

well i guess as in all refrigerant systems..the refrigerant is cycled thru a closed system. the condensed refrigerent is heated with either the electrical/lp element it expands..thus cooling then flows thru some sort of elements inside... then flows thru some evap coils outside where it is condensed and goes back to the heating element...haven't looked at the manual thouroghly..this is just my best guess from some tech stuff i covered years ago...do you hae a specific problem with yours?

G

can u fix it??? my 12 volt element keeps burning the board up ...
Also my inverter will not shut off when the batteries get to hot ,, got anything on that ,, but this is only when i run the a/c unit on the inverter ..

G

yea right .. i do this stuff day in and day out for a living ,, and also onsight ,, have installed awnings in CG's have pulled gensets out of DP class a's on sight ,, i have 3 techs that work for me and i run a custom install and total remodel shop ,, we convert older rv to like new ,, ad most of the bussiness is the older bus lines ,, most cost around $100,000 to 500,000 to do ,, but they have the money ,,
Bty Grandveiw is a good friend of mine ,, that get older parts for older rv;s for me ,, he has the connections ,, and he is a big paid for ad sponsor on here ,, i will soon also pay for ad's ,, as soon as i get time to submit the paper work ,, and Tex ,, who is also a good friend of mine ,, is kinda like the look over guy of the forums ,, i guess u'll find out about that soon ,, but anyway enough from me ,, i am hitting the ignor button ;)

G

better re read my reply again ..
what can u do for my DP 40ft MH ,, i know water will not work with it :eek: :dead:

mileage seeker

actually it will work on the diesel...from what other experimenters are saying...again there is info provided on the website..I myself haven't looked into that yet..just click the left side for introductory info

utmtman

mileage seeker - 6/5/2008 5:27 PM

thank you i will...if you bother to read on the subject (HYDROGEN ON DEMAND)..then you might learn a thing or two about what this technology is all about..i'd like to hear from sweetcraft as it seems he is interested in the very same technology that i am using on my vehicle.

Mileageseeker, hate to say it but you know nothing at all. You have a big mouth for someone who can read a book and that is all the smarts you seem to have. I have forgot more about hydrogen power than you know. When you build one from scratch look me up and we will talk.
A ps I have built one
Second I have a degree in the subjet
Three I also have a degree in automotive engineering
Four I have a degree in computer science and I am comptia A+ certified in computers
Five I was the first person in the United States to have the distinction of completing the ASE Certifications for automobiles, all of them and have the certificates and plaques to prove it, have the degrees for all my college as well to prove what I know.
Now you say your interested in the subject, so fine you get with sweet and work it out between the two of you and get off everyone elses cases about it.
It seems you two are the only people interested in it. Dont try to shove it down everyone elses throat.
ROD I am joining you and putting this jerk on ignor and if everyone else in the forum does the same we will never have to listen to his garbage again.

big bilko

With all the hot air created by milage seeker who needs hydrogen. Why try to abuse and bully anyone who does not share your thoughts.grow up :bleh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Like one of those "Random Quotes".

Some people claim to want to hear others views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.

Thanks Jim

hamdave

I'm interested in the 'results' of this hydrogen add-on, but in all the stuff you presented, there has been no real 'study' to show the improved results, the 'eff' loss using 'a small amount of gas' etc. While it MAY be beneficial, it has not been proven. I also suspect that if it was totally good idea, the auto industry would already have adopted it, but since I'm not the expert, I will wait and see. I am skeptical about the idea as presented.

hamdave

I for one, think you are way off base. What makes you such an 'expert' that you spend time berating others in this way. Personally I think you should be 'deleted'.

utmtman

Hey hamdave they are testing the idea now in I think Calif. They built a fleet of taxies with the sole purpose of trying to determine the feasibility of hydrogen power. Its been around for ten years or more and has been built into several different test cars but never like this taxi project. They expect at least a year or two of testing in traffic, carrying the weight of several bodies, stop and go and so on before it can be determined worth using or not. All the ads on the net and in papers and mags about kits are like spams to get peoples money. But people keep getting the idea that it will work and are jumping on the band wagon. To my knowledge if you dont have the knowledge you will never make it work and than there is no guarantee that you will get past your driveway without hydrogen to supply it. I dont see any hydrogen stations being built in the US to support it.
Its like that email going around trying to get everyone to sign to have oil wells punched in areas that we have kept secure. Only problem is there are no refineries to refine it even it we did and opec countries are the ones who want us to open it up so they can get in there but by god all these people think that is our problem for high fuel prices we need all these wells when we already have hundreds of wells in the US that are capped and waiting for a place to refine the oil and they just keep drilling in Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and other places but try to tell these knot head people that.

Status
Not open for further replies.