I done did it

utmtman

Took my Sonoma into the shop yesterday for an oil change and to have a few things checked out. When all was said and done I was looking at a grand to fix all the little aches and pains. Still trying to figure out how I managed to drive it with the fan hangin around trying to eject itself and never heard anything.
Anyway long story short we bought us a 06 Saturn Vue that supposedly gets 23/29 and our GMC was only getting 18. Used to get 22. Dang I like saturn they were thinking about us, the book with it has a section Dinghy Towing and tells what we got to do to tow Dolly or Four down. Would cost 3000 to convert it over to four down so for now will continue to dolly tow but glad to have the option available to us.

elkhartjim

Re: I done did it

Lee...I'm going to open a can of worms here I know. But, I dolly tow and think its easier, quicker and safer. You ever seen that car being pulled down the road with the wheels cocked to one side? It ain' a pretty picture. My friend that tows 4 down has his wife ride in the toad at cg with gravel roads. Plus I can load my toad by myself and as I see it with hitches it would be very difficult if you were alone to hook up. I think its a status thing....4 down that is.

DL Rupper

Gee, do you think they make a dolly big enough for my 5'er. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope that was enough laughs to keep you happy. I'm already persona non grata in TEXAS. :evil:

H2H1

Well Lee and Jim I also tow on a dolly. We only had two accidents with it so for, first the wife drove it off the front of the ramp, 2nd I left the racket up and pull the plastic bumper off .The cost to repair that was just over $500. ALL this on our trip out west. When we got home I went on E-BAY and bought a blue ox tow hitch. I have not decide yet on which vehicle to use it on. I am looking at a Mazda B 3000 pu to use as the tow using the Blue Ox, it is a 5 speed,6 cyl. extend cab. I will make my mind up this week if I will buy it. I just hate to write the check for that amount if you know what I mean. All I own is paid for except the house and that for tax purpose. OH WELL LIFE IS GOOD :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh:

elkhartjim

I'm already persona non grata in TEXAS.
icon_smile_evil.gif

Now yer gettin the pitcher...don't no nuttin about no personus no gratis, but yew be skatin on purrty thin ice messin with us Texans and all.
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile_big.gif
Come on back soon with one of them Texas GPS thingys. I saw what you said bout that too.
icon_smile_evil.gif
icon_smile_shock.gif
icon_smile_big.gif

elkhartjim

Now Hollis, we're tight. You come on by for some peas, fried okra, fresh corn on cob and if your lucky, the best fried chicken ever.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
We be laying in the weeds for DL tho.
icon_smile_evil.gif
icon_smile_big.gif

utmtman

Wife had me order a car bra for the vue today so guess we gonna keep it on the dolly. She says we got no more money until tax time next year so guess thats settled.

Hey hollis you talk about accidents, our first trip out with the dolly a couple of years ago we hit something that looked like a tire iron on the freeway it flew back and took out the front of our dolly fender and the light on the front of it too. Have never got it fixed.

DL Rupper

I'll just turn on my stealth emitter when I blow through Texas next time. :eek: I'll have my 5'er on a dolly so I'll be inconspicuous. ;)