I have a problem..

Sticwlkr

Last weekend I tried to get mine ready for winter. I drained the water heater, turn the bypass poured about 4 gallons of anti freeze in the fresh water tank turned the pump on , opened the faucets. Then nothing but air and a litttle antifreeze, The pump runs but there is alittle fuild here and there. I went back to camper today tried blowing lines out, that worked so i poured more about 5 gallons in fresh water tank. still same thing air and gurgling and alittle fluid. I did this same thing last year with no problem. Also when I shut off faucets, it pumps antifreeze back out the city water connection. Can anybody help me last chance to fix problem before they close park for the season is this coming weekend..:(

Thanks Billy.

G

RE: I have a problem..

sounds to me like the ck valve on the city water connection is bad ,, it let's water in not out ,,and to me that sounds like what it is not doing ,, try to poke the little ball looking thing at the city water conn ,, with a pen or something ,, and see if it will reseat ,, if not ,, then u need to replace the city water connector ,, JMO :) :approve:
Also ,, u need to install a pump suction pipe ,, that way u don;t have to dump the antifreeze into u'r fresh water tank ,, it wil pull it right from the bottle ,, and u will not have to triple flush the tank , when u use it agian

Sticwlkr

Re: I have a problem..

Thanks i'll try that tomorrow i'm going to run up there after work. Is that located right there where the city water connects?

Also will old antifreeze gum up, I really can't remember if I flushed my fresh tank this spring or drained it,

Thanks.

Grandview Trailer Sa

The way I see it, you have wasted 7.5 gallons of anti-freeze. You could have winterized with 1.5 gallons.

You need a suction pipe about 4 feet long, like Rod said, to pull it right out the gallon jug. You remove the water line off the pump that comes from the fresh tank and install the suction pipe. You will need the correct fitting for the pump. After bypassing the water heater (and draining it) you pump antifreeze thru the water system, getting pink out of all faucets, and toilet. Doing it this way also winterizes the pump. Blowing out the lines with air does NOT winterize the pump.

You need to drain your fresh tank and try to collect the anti freeze that comes out. You can reuse it next year. If you leave it in the tank, it will stain and be very hard to get clean again.

You can purchase a pump conversion kit for bypassing in the future. It will have a valve that can change direction from the tank to a suction pipe that comes with the kit. The kit costs about 20.00.

CharlieS

Kenneth

Do I need to purchase a conversion kit for my Brookside or did it come with one? I know you went over winterization with me, but that part didn't stick for some reason.

Thanks

Charlie

H2H1

Well Billy I am sorry about your problems. But I see Rod and Ken has given you the correct answers. I installed a pump conversion kit on my MH at the water pump and it was easy. The kit comes with all parts to do the job. And as Ken said 1.5 gallons will do the trick, that is is you cut the HW heater off at the by pass valve. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sticwlkr

Thanks guy's I'll try to get 1 ..and try to find some jugs to catch the antifreeze.. ;) .. Hey Ken I'll b giving you a call Thanks.