I have to go - Uncle Sam doesn't want me

The Englishman

It is with great regret that I cannot stay in the US simply because the Embassy in London will not renew my visa. I have spent 1/2 million dollars to attempt to create heat efficient homes of which I have succeeded in doing. I spend a fraction of the cost that local people do on energy costs throughout the winter but the economic situation in Iowa prevents me selling them.

I cant go on to spend lazy hazy days of summer how I had planned - As an Englishman and academic and someone looking for somewhere to settle I cant do it in the US, a country I adore.

I am getting too old to fight so I will go back to England in November and sit out the rainy summers. I will remember you guys forever, perhaps in my next life I will be born Mexican then I can walk straight into the US - Until then ... Its been good.

PS Tex aka Paul I have broken my old laptop and lost your email address but am at sunshine.everyday@btopenworld.com - I will write again and will eventually finish my book - Its called 'The Iowa Boys' and its funny and good reading - Maybe one day Mr Obama may let me back in and I can get my fifth wheel and me and my Princess can spend our days with you guys. I guess we can fight wars together and die together but politics and protocol prevents us living together.

I'll miss you guys and it wasn't my fault the US economy went tits up - I'm just a victim of it

Steve

H2H1

Re: I have to go - Uncle Sam doesn't want me

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I hope all clears up and you will able to come and stay in this great country before it is destroyed by the current president.

big bilko

RE: I have to go - Uncle Sam doesn't want me

Sorry to hear your bad news.Does not seem fair.Perhaps it you have ten English pounds left you may be able to emigrate to Australia.Maybe even steal a loaf of bread.(worked for my forebears, :evil: Good luck with all your endeavors. BIG BILKO :) :) :) :) :)

try2findus

What a bummer...Our great country should feel blessed to have such driven people live and work here...WE WANT YOU!

I don't understand the rational behind THAT decision to revoke your Visa. Come on down to Louisiana. We'll hide you out, but seriously keep your chin up and hopefully things will pick up around the good ole USA. You better still keep in touch on RVUSA!

JimE

They cant find 3 million illegals coming across the border to our South but they found you?? Just doesnt seem right.

cwishert

Well they have to send him away, he is trying to help our economy not be a burden on it Jim. :eek: Now if he were here illegally and abusing the welfare system then he would have to stay because it would be against his "Civil Rights" to turn him away! Man I wish we all had the same "Civil Rights" :blackeye: :angry: Englishman, I am sorry you have to go. I wish there were more Americans that have your ability and drive and desire to make this a better world to live in. I really have enjoyed reading your post and your web page. As they stated above, keep in touch. :)

SnowbirdInFlight

The Englishman - 8/3/2010 7:20 PM It is with great regret that I cannot stay in the US simply because the Embassy in London will not renew my visa. I have spent 1/2 million dollars to attempt to create heat efficient homes of which I have succeeded in doing. I spend a fraction of the cost that local people do on energy costs throughout the winter but the economic situation in Iowa prevents me selling them. I cant go on to spend lazy hazy days of summer how I had planned - As an Englishman and academic and someone looking for somewhere to settle I cant do it in the US, a country I adore. I am getting too old to fight so I will go back to England in November and sit out the rainy summers. I will remember you guys forever, perhaps in my next life I will be born Mexican then I can walk straight into the US - Until then ... Its been good. PS Tex aka Paul I have broken my old laptop and lost your email address but am at sunshine.everyday@btopenworld.com - I will write again and will eventually finish my book - Its called 'The Iowa Boys' and its funny and good reading - Maybe one day Mr Obama may let me back in and I can get my fifth wheel and me and my Princess can spend our days with you guys. I guess we can fight wars together and die together but politics and protocol prevents us living together. I'll miss you guys and it wasn't my fault the US economy went tits up - I'm just a victim of it Steve

Sounds to me like it isn't so much as Uncle Sam doesn't want you as England doesn't want to give you up. Sorry you can't stay, but you can still keep coming on the board and let us know how your camping is going across the pond.